Wednesday, January 29, 2014

BodyMedia Device Workout Tab

The smartphone app for the BodyMedia device has a Workout tab at the top. Once you click that tab you'll see the following sceen.


You then have the option of what goal you want for your workout. I just did the Quick Start which will bring up the next screen:


I don't have any music on my phone, and I was just testing this out while I worked on the workout review, so I just hit start instead of messing around looking for a playlist. I will try some of the other options and maybe add a playlist when I get to the gym and work on the treadmill. once you hit play, it starts tracking the amount of time that has elapsed, the number of steps you've taken, how many calories you've burned, how much total activity you've done and how many minutes of that were vigorous. I was breathing pretty heavy, but I was only doing a Walk Away the Pounds DVD which you can read about in my review of the workout, so no vigorous activity involved. 


To end the work out, you need to swipe up on the little grey square at the bottom of the screen. This will bring up the following screen. I forgot to get a screen shot of that step while I was doing the workout, so you may notice that the numbers are a bit off.


To end the workout just push End Workout, and you're done! If you want to check out previous workouts, you can click Workout Summary from the first screen shot above. That will get you the screen shot below.


You can then click on any of the workouts to get the summary from that workout. You can see  my summary in the next screenshot. 


I like this option, but I wish I had found it sooner and I wish it showed the max calories burned per minute and the average calories burned per minute during the workout. I'd really like to know both of those without having to do math!

No comments:

Post a Comment