Saturday, January 25, 2014

Swagbucks Review

I have a slight addiction to collecting gift cards. I save them up and use them to buy Christmas presents. This isn't something that is a get rich quick scam. You can't get rich on these things, but sometimes I get bored at night after I'm done editing and my husband is watching something boring on TV, so I fiddle around on rewards programs sites. My recent addiction is Swagbucks. You earn points for doing web searches, answering surveys, playing games, watching videos, buying stuff online and responding to offers on the site.



I mainly watch the videos, do the surveys and answer the daily poll, which means I earn at a fairly slow rate, but I have earned enough for $10 in Amazon gift cards and have enough points to get another $10 for Amazon, but I'm going to save them up and possibly get a Barnes & Noble gift card instead since I just got a Nook and I need more books!



The $5 Amazon cards have the best return for your points since you only need 450 points for those, but the other $5 gift cards require 500 points. It's only 50 points, but it can add up over time. Once you have enough points, you redeem them through the website, and they email you when your reward is ready.



I've looked around at the different offers that they have, but most of them don't really interest me. There are a lot of things like joining the Disney Movie Club or eMusic or other things like that. The daily poll gets you 1 SwagBuck and is super simple to do. The paid surveys are pretty easy, but make sure that you look at the number of SwagBucks you'll get for the estimated time of the survey. Some of them are so low for the amount of time, that I don't even bother to see if I qualify. I usually only qualify for about one per day, but you still get 1 SwagBuck if you get disqualified or if they are over the quota. Those points add up over time though.



They have two apps too. One of them is for watching videos, and the other gives you access to the Daily Poll, the Search Engine and some offers that you can complete. I use the video app and let it run while I'm playing around on the computer. There is a maximum number of videos that you can earn credit for in a day.



Pros: It keeps me occupied while I'm bored. You really can earn gift cards. You can earn points for very little effort. There are a ton of rewards options. There are a ton of online stores to earn points.
Cons: Other than online shopping, the points are a bit slow, but not as slow as other programs.

If you join, feel free to use my referral link,  You could also just type www.swagbuks.com into your browser and join  Either way, if think it's a decent program if you're into these types of sites. They aren't for everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment