Thursday, February 20, 2014

Leslie Sansone Belly Blasting Walk - Belly Blasting Floor Session 1


Today when the alarm went off, I turned it off! Normally, I just lay there a few minutes before I convince myself to get up. Well that few minutes turned into about 30. Then it was a slight panic attack because I didn't think I was going to have time to work out. Once I did the quick math in my head, I realized that I had plenty of time to workout because I wake up way before I need to be in the shower anyway. I sat down on the couch knowing that I could putz around on Facebook for a good 10 minutes before working out. That 10 minutes turned into a few more, and then I lost all motivation to workout. I posted on Twitter saying that I had no motivation to workout and the I looked over at the stack of DVDs waiting for me to review and decided that I needed to get off my butt and do something. Oddly enough, I selected a workout that I could do while laying down on my butt. So, after fishing the remote control out from under the couch, I did Session 1 of the Belly Blasting Floor stuff of this Leslie Sansone DVD.

Once you hit play, you're transported to the same studio where the 2 mile walk took place, but this time, it's just Leslie Sansone and a floor mat. She talked for a few moments and then laid down on the mat to begin. This is a pretty standard ab floor routine, not that I've done one in like 10 years. It's focused on doing a lot of crunchlike moves. She mixes things up a little bit, but for the most part your upper body will be in crunch form while your lower body does random things. When she gives you a "break" you do the bridge. Isn't that nice of her to keep us occupied while we give our abs a break. 

I really enjoyed the pace of this workout. I hate doing abs. i'm a big girl and with that comes a very large rear end. Laying on the floor is just not comfortable. Trying to do bicycles and scissor legs at robo speed is just not an option. Most of the ab routines I've done in the past have all had really hyped up people, but Leslie Sansone is super calm, and she takes the pace way down. She had an interesting mix of things, and I was able to do all of them. I did find that my neck was getting sore though. That's my fault and not hers. It will be interesting to see if I'm sore tomorrow. It was very short and didn't feel all too strenuous, but I can feel it a little bit right now as I write this. It's not the Jell-o type feeling my legs get after a Biggest Loser workout, but I can still feel something. 

Below is my BodyMedia device workout tab. I didn't set up Nexercise for this since I knew it would only be about 10 minutes, and Nexercise requires 15 minutes of activity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment