Thursday, February 27, 2014

Walk Away the Pounds - 3 Mile Super Fat Burning - with weighted balls


I really wanted to use the weighted balls again, so I picked this 3 mile walk since it used the weighted balls and I liked the walk the first time that I did it. The first mile and a half is without the weighted balls. After the 1.5 mile marker comes on, she has you go get the weighted balls. You start off by just holding them while you do the basic moves like walking in place, front kicks, knee lifts, kick backs and side steps. After a bit, she has you do things like lift the weights up over your head, push them out in front of your or lateral raises. She always talks about how just holding the weights incorporates more muscles and burns more calories, but it just seems so hokey that 2 pounds would really do anything. I was wrong. I will admit it! 

I was exhausted after doing this workout. My shoulders are going to hurt so bad tomorrow! There were several points where I was about to give up on the arm movements because I just didn't think I could do one more lateral raise. The worst of the arm movements was when she had you put your arms  into the corners of the room instead of just having your elbows at a 90 degree angle. OMG! Just that little change made a HUGE change in how it felt in my shoulders! There wasn't a lot of variety in the arm work, although she did do some bicep curls and a move for the triceps. It was a good workout and I look forward to doing it again.

Below are my BodyMedia and Nexercise screen shots. The ones on the left are from today, and the ones on the right are from when I did the workout without the weighted balls. I had more steps last time, but more vigorous activity this time. I think the step count is difference because I was just getting so tired towards the end that I don't think I kept up the pace with my feet. Even with less steps, I still burned more calories. The big blue blobs all the way to the left are the workouts. The rest of the blue blips are from me walking around at work.   

 

  




No comments:

Post a Comment