Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Leslie Sansone Walk at Home Walk Your Belly Flat 3 Mile


Yesterday, I did the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home Walk Your Belly Flat 3 Mile. I got this one from Netflix. The workout gives you the option to play the entire workout to play Mile 1, Mile 2 or Mile 3. I chose to play the entire workout. At the end of the workout, there is a short floor ab routine. This was my first workout where it was just Leslie doing the walk. I thought that was going to be strange for me, but I found it refreshing. She still talked a lot, but she didn't giggle nearly as much. 

The workout begins with Leslie marching in place. She then takes you through the four basic moves where are marching in place, side steps, front kicks and knee lifts. She talks about how important a good warm up is. Once the warm up is over she incorporates your arms into the mix and brings you through some additional moves. She talks about watching first and modifying if you need to. She also lets you know that it's okay to just go back to marching in place if you have to and that doing the steps perfectly doesn't matter as long as you keep the pace up. 

Some of the additional steps in this workout are kick backs, side steps moving forward and backwards, walking forward and backwards, double side steps, knee lifts with your feet apart, double knee lifts, four knee lifts on each side, grapevines, tap outs, tap outs that turn into lunge type moves and a heel tap. The heel tap is actually in the cool down. This workout does not have a walk booster, but there is one section of boosted walking. This is when she brings you up to a jog. You start off by walking forward and backwards and then move into a jog which you continue with the forward and backwards motion. After you've done that for a little bit, you start jogging in place. There are also front kicks with a bounce which is followed by more jogging in place and then the forwards and backwards jogging that changes into just walking forwards and backwards.

After the boosted walking, you start going towards the cool down. Once the cool down is over, you lay down on the floor to learn the most effective ab move ever. That's what she calls it and she brings it up a few times during the workout. It's just a bicycle. She takes you through it slowly. You do three sets and then stretch out. I thought we were done! However, she has you do one more set of 15. Then she has you stretch your legs while you're laying on your back. I found this stretching method to be less beneficial than the normal stretch, but I did like the bicycle. If you read some reviews on this workout on Amazon or Collage Video, you'll read some people who are pretty disappointed in the ab routine. I actually liked it though. However, I'm a big girl and doing ab stuff usually sucks for me. They usually go blazing fast through it, and I can't keep up. I wish Leslie had a whole series on targeted body parts. Maybe she does. My new mission is to find out. She goes slow and does things that I can do. My abs were killing me after I did the four sets. I can feel it today, but it's not painful.

Below are my BodyMedia and Nexercise screen shots. I had a record 26 minutes of vigorous activity with this workout! It's the tall wide blob on the left. The rest of the blobs are me walking around at work and cooking dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment