Friday, March 28, 2014

Leslie Sansone Walk 'N Tone Internediate

This morning I had every intention of doing a step work out called Christi Taylor Totally Cool Step 2. That didn't go so well for me.  I was then left in a panic to find something to fit into the time I had left and still get a decent workout. I turned to YouTube since I didn't have any one mile workouts left at home that I hadn't reviewed. I think it was from Exercise TV. I tried to find a DVD version or some information about the program, but I was unsuccessful. I'm assuming that the Leslie Sansone camp is okay with this being up, since they could get it pulled if they weren't okay with it. This was a 20 minute workout that was posted in two parts. I'm not sure why it's not posted in it's entirety, but it's not. It was mildly annoying to switch back to the computer to play the second one, but oh well. I have a Roku, and one of the features is that I can sync my laptop to my TV. When I have YouTube up on my computer, I can tell it to play on the TV. It makes finding stuff a lot easier.

The walk booster in this one was the New Balance Rock 'n Tone shoes. Once she said that at the beginning, I almost dumped the workout because I thought it was going to turn into one big commercial. I decided to keep playing it though. I'm glad I did. I got a decent 20 minute workout and she only mentioned the shoes a couple time. The walk started out with a five minute warm up. We went through the four basic moves which are walking in place, side steps, front kicks and knee lifts. Once we were all warmed up the music picked up and we added kick backs, double side steps, and walking forward two counts and back two counts. There was one small spot where we were in something between a walk and a jog. It was a little bouncy for it to be a fast walk, but it wasn't really a jog. There's not much to say about this walk. It was only 20 minutes, and beyond the basics,  not much else happened. There was little arm movement. When the arms were involved, it was mainly clapping during the side steps. There were also some presses up and then forward. She didn't rattle on that much and only mentioned the shoes a few times. The walkers were in sync for the most part. A couple of them put a little extra oomph into the workout, and it was interesting watching how they did the moves in a more fun dancy kind of way. Cat was in this workout. I know I've seen her before, but I can't remember what workout. It was probably on one of the ones from the 5-Day Fit Walk.

Below is my BodyMedia screen shot for the workout. The workout was only 20 minutes, but I still got 8 minutes of vigorous activity. The workout from yesterday was an hour and 10 minutes, but I only got 15 minutes of vigorous activity. Leslie says that isn't wimpy stuff, and she's serious.   I do have to admit that my whole back is a bit sore from yesterday's workout though, and I don't think I've ever been sore the next day from one of Leslie's walks. That's not a bad thing though since I really like the straight up cardio aspect of most of her walks. I enjoy the walk boosters too, but I like finding a good cardio workout that doesn't get into strength training so I can do those on the days after my strength training days.

No comments:

Post a Comment