Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Start! Walking at Home with Leslie Sansone 1 mile


Today, I intended to do the Firm Off Weight Walk that Netflix sent me. However, I read the blurb and it mentioned that the first segment focused on the lower body with leg lifts, presses and kicks and the second segment focused on push-ups, shoulder work and weighted enhanced tricep and bicep repetitions. I was a little sore from yesterday's workout, so I decided to skip it. I couldn't skip working out completely though, so I did the Exercise TV Start! Walking at Home with Leslie Sansone. I did the one mile walk. You can rent them or buy them on Amazon. I don't think Exercise TV is around anymore. 

This workout has Leslie walking by herself. I really do prefer her by herself. I need to start a list of all of the workouts where she is alone. There were no walk boosters (weights, belts, weighted gloves) in this walk, and there was no boosted walking (jogging).

It starts off with the four basic moves which are walking in place, side steps, front kicks and knee lifts. Once you're all warmed up, you pick up the pace and bring your arms into the mix. There is a timer in the upper left corner that keeps track of how many minutes and seconds are left in the workout. I found this incredibly annoying. Watching the seconds tick by makes it last sooooo much longer. I like these workouts, but I hate seeing how much time is left.

The workout never got too intense and there were no moves where she rattled on and I just wanted to go back to walking. There were a couple of times where she went back to walking while she was talking, but never said to go back to walking. The moves beyond the basics included kick backs, walking forward two counts and back two counts, tap outs, double side steps and double knee lifts. The arm stuff was pretty standard moving your arms up and moving your arms forward.

After about 13 minutes or so, you go into a slower pace so you can cool down. The cool down process lasts a couple more minutes. When there is about 2 and a half minutes left, you go into a stretch. There's the standard raise your arms up over your head while breathing deeply which is followed by the standard calf stretch. You stretch one leg back and put all of your weight on the front leg. You do this for both legs and then do a little stretching up over your head again. Then you're done!

I liked the workout even though it wasn't too terribly intense. I still got a few minutes of vigorous activity without getting so worked up that I wanted to die. 

Below are my BodyMedia screen shots for the day. I forgot to set up Nexercise. The tall skinny blip on the left is the workout. The rest is my walking around at work. Today, was an exceptionally crazy day at work! I knew I had walked around a bit, but I didn't think I had spent that much time walking though. The blips seem taller than they were a few weeks ago. I might have to do some data mining to see if they really are taller. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment