Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Biggest Loser Garlic Southern Fried Chicken and Rosemary-Roasted Root Vegetables


Wednesday was my night to cook, but I didn't have time to post about it until today. The Garlic Southern Fried Chicken recipe is on The Biggest Loser's website. It was very easy to make and only had 6 ingredients. I wasn't able to find whole wheat panko bread crumbs though, so mine wasn't as healthy as the recipe on the website. The chicken was super yummy! I don't suggest using seasoned bread crumbs though. I did that and they were a bit too seasoned. They were super moist and the texture was good.

I also made the Rosemary-Roasted Root Vegetables. I found this recipe in The Biggest Loser Simple Swaps 100 Easy Changes to Start Living a Healthier Lifestyle, but the recipe is also offered on The Biggest Loser's website. This recipe was easy to make. The only annoying part was peeling the parsnip, turnip and rutabaga. They cooked in the amount of time that the recipe stated, which was good since I actually started the chicken too early. My husband and I were not fans of this dish. Most of the pieces turned quite soft like a potato would. I was happy about that since I love potatoes cut up and seasoned liked this. However, some of them weren't as mushy as the others, and the texture of those was just bleh for me. My husband didn't like how sweet they were. I got a little sweetness out of them, but he said it was too much. This was our second attempt at turnips. We both decided that it will be our last attempt at turnips! 

No comments:

Post a Comment