Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Graze.com Box 11

Wow! I can't believe I'm already on Box 11! This box was really yummy too. The more boxes I get, the more I enjoy the boxes! I love having perfectly portioned snacks that I can just toss in my bag and take to work. I don't have to worry about dishing out a single serving. I don't have to think about what I'm going to have. They mail me a box with four snacks in it once a week. I had signed up for another box every two weeks, but I canceled the second automatic box and will just buy a one off box when I need one. I have to make sure to plan for enough ahead though. I currently have two full boxes that I haven't eaten yet, plus two more in the mail. I only eat one snack per day. I can't have them pile up too high or hubby will get suspicious. Oh, he might steal my snacks too if they pile up too high!

The Packaging

Here is the environmentally friendly packaging. There isn't much to say. It has plastic straps around it for transport, but the rest of it is all paperboard. The snacks are in plastic, but it's pretty thin stuff so hopefully, Mother Nature doesn't hate me for that. The inside of the box changes around between a few pictures. I like that I get a splash of color when I open the box.




Apple & Cinnamon Flapjack

This is a rustic rolled oat flapjack with apples and cinnamon. I adore British flapjacks. I think I need to move to English just go get these things more often. This did not disappoint. It's a good thing they are portion controlled because I would eat a lot more if they were available to me! I have one sitting in my living room and one more at work right now. It takes every ounce of self control that I have not to eat them before I'm supposed to! I'm pretty anal retentive about eating the snacks in one box before starting the next box. One more point for the blog. I marked this Love. No shocker there since I just said how awesome it was!


Born in the USA

This contained pecans, cranberries and almonds. The ingredients were fresh and it was a good portion for a snack. There was a nice mix of ingredients, but the pecans and almonds were nothing special in the flavor department. I marked it Like because I want to try it again, but it didn't wow me. Maybe if the cranberries were sweater, but cranberries aren't sweet without sugar and I don't want more sugar in my life. Hmmm.


Key Lime Pie

This has lime raisins, mini meringues, sponge pieces and green raisins. I mentioned above that I didn't want more sugar in my life but I'll make an exception for this little bit of happiness. I loved this the first time, and I loved it this time. I love to put the mini meringues on my tongue and suck on them until they melt. The lime raisins are just awesome! I need to find me some flavored raisins in the store. I think they would really do wonders to my salads. I left this as Love. I probably shouldn't eat the processed sponge pieces or the sugary meringue, but I just don't care! 


Olive and Rosemary Bruschetta

This had olive croutons, rosemary & garlic cashews and tomato baguettes. I liked this. It was a nice savory mix of flavors. It provided a nice bit of crunch to my day. It's apparently a good source of protein too according to the package. With all of those positive things I had to say, I still had to mark it Trash. I'm trying to get rid of processed foods, but this was yummy enough that I would have kept it as Like to add to a salad or something, but I ended up with heart burn after eating it. I haven't been getting heartburn very often since I've been eating better. I don't like heartburn, so I had to Trash it. I still liked it though! 


Nutrition 

Here is the nutrition card that came with it. The inside has cute little things that make me laugh. You'll have to buy a box to find out what's inside.



Where to buy it

You can sign up for your own mail order boxes on Graze.com. You no longer need an invite, but if you use JAIMIE49P, you'll get your first and fifth boxes free, and I'll donate my $1.00 to their farming school. If you refer people, they give you the option to get $1.00 off of a future box or they can put the money towards the farming school. The buck will probably help them more than me, so if you sign up, you'll be getting healthy snacks and helping under people less fortunate learn how to farm so they can sustain themselves. It's a win-win! 

No comments:

Post a Comment