Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Sheila G's Brownie Brittle Chocolate Chip

 

Sheila G's Brownie Brittle Chocolate Chip

My husband brought this stuff home tonight. At first, I was a bit miffed at him. I'm trying to lose weight. I have good weeks and bad weeks with that. This had been a good week. We both love chocolate. He went into the kitchen and started opening a bag of something, but wouldn't tell me what it was. I told him that it sounded very yummy whatever it was. He then sat down with these little squares of chocolate. He ate one and made a happy sound. I was then intrigued. He handed me one. I thought about not eating it, but what harm could come from one tiny little piece of chocolate. Once I ate it, I automatically regretted the decision. It was soooo yummy! I was pretty bummed that I had found one more thing I couldn't have while trying to lose weight. He got the bag and handed it to me. It said 120 calories per serving. I figured that would be like four pieces. I was wrong! It was half the bag! (Calling 1 ounce of chocolate yumminess half the bag makes it sound bigger) I finally found something that I can eat to quench the chocolate craving!!!!!!! My hubby is awesome! You're pretty great for making this stuff.

The picture below is a blown up version of this little bit of yumminess. The pieces were about one square inch. Thy are pretty thin. They are are crunchy like a hard cookie, but once you chew them up, you are left with this chocolate yumminess. I've been wanting chocolate on this weight loss journey. I've been munching on some Dove Dark Chocolate miniatures at night, but those are 220 calories for 5 pieces. If I can keep myself to just one or two pieces, it's great, but a lot of times, I just go for all five. Since I've been logging my food this week, I've cut out my chocolatey dessert. It wasn't a planned thing, but when I think about grabbing them, I just feel like I shouldn't do it. I didn't want to deal with having to put the food into the BodyMedia software and I didn't want to post any really high calorie days for my week of food tracking. This thing hit the spot! This bag was two ounces. One service is one ounce, so for every piece my husband ate, I snagged one too. Eventually, he got tired of me saying, "Did you just eat one?" He ended up counting out the rest of the bag and dishing them out. 

I am now on a mission to try the remaining flavors! You can buy it from their website, but I want the small bags, and those are only sold in a 24 count which is about $45.00. It's inexpensive and totally worth it, but I don't know if we should have that many in the house! The small bags are perfect because we can split the bag and have one serving each. Then the bag is empty! If we get the 16 ounce bags, there's no way I will be able to keep myself to just one serving. I would probably eat half the bag just cooking dinner! 

The website has a store finder. However, the store that my husband bought them at was not listed. He said they only had this flavor. I'm going to check out Safeway and see if they have it. You can check out the store locator to find a store near you! You can also check out the full nutritional content and ingredients



No comments:

Post a Comment