Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Leslie Sansone Ultimate 5 Day Walk Yellow Mile


What I picked and why

Continuing on with the theme of the week, I picked the Yellow Mile in Leslie Sansone's Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan. I picked this mile because I knew it didn't have jumping jacks in it and I just wasn't in the mood to bounce around this morning. I'm saving that crazy blue mile until I get my new sports bra. Let's hope that thing works. Yesterday, I did my favorite mile. That was the Green Mile. I wasn't a fan of the Yellow Mile when I did this DVD the first time back in April, but this time, I managed to just ignore the walker who annoys me. It went much better.

The Workout

I selected the warm up, the Yellow Mile and the cool down. The warm up is pretty basic. She went over the four basic steps and then did some up and down with the arms.

The workout started off with side steps and then moved into front kicks. I have a memory of thinking that she just kept kicking and kicking and kicking, but even with my legs as sore as they are from Monday's The Biggest Loser Calorie Knockout Extreme Cardio for Maximum Burn, I was able to keep up and not want to scream at her to shut up and just go back to walking. I think I actually enjoyed this mile more than the one from yesterday. There was more variety in this one. Beyond the four basic moves, she also added walking up two and back two, walking up two and doing a tap out on each leg before going back two and doing a tap out on each leg, tap outs without moving, double side steps and double knee lifts. There was also one spot where we did side steps and then kick backs and then heels without a break in between. I liked that section. During the kick backs, we also stretched our arms out in front of us and pulled them back. I'm glad that I did this mile today. I'm happy to know that I don't dislike it anymore.

The cool down was pretty basic. The cool down itself was longer than most cool downs but the stretch was a bit short. She stretches one leg longer than the other, so I have to remember to go to the opposite side first sometimes, but I keep forgetting to do that.

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here are my BodyMedia Link screen shots for the workout. This mile only had 3 minutes of vigorous activity, but the Green Mile had 6. I got a higher calories burned per minute on the Green Mile as well. I still burned more calories than if I had been sitting on the couch though. Odd that I come to like this workout on the day that I discover that the Green Mile is a higher burn. Although, the number of calories burned in this workout was only 15 less than the Green Mile


 

No comments:

Post a Comment