Monday, July 28, 2014

Shakeology Day 2


Why Shakeology?

I started taking Shakeology to see what all the fuss is about. I wanted to get PiYo anyway, so I bought a challenge pack which included PiYo and Shakeology for a lot cheaper than buying them separately. There are a lot of people who swear by it and a lot of people who think people are crazy to spend this much money on a shake. I needed to try it for myself!

Day 2

Today I was pretty hungry after my post workout shower. I didn't want to wait to get to work before eating. I mixed up the Shakeology with 8 ounces of almond coconut milk in my shaker cup. I shook it longer today and it did seem a little bit thicker than it did yesterday. The flavor was pretty much the same. I'm not a fan of the strawberry. I guess that will teach me to be more careful about ordering things in the future. 

Normally, I eat three hard boiled eggs and an apple first thing when I get to work. If I skip my apple, I'm hungry all day no matter how much I eat after that. Today, I didn't have time to eat the apple, so I just had the hard boiled eggs. I was worried that I would be hungry, but I knew I had the apple to fall back on if I got hungry. I wasn't hungry! I ate my 8ish AM snack just because it was 8ish AM and that's what I'm supposed to do. I normally start thinking about my snack at like 7:30 AM. :) My 8ish snack this morning was Cherries and Berries from www.graze.com I wasn't even hungry at our 9:30 AM break, but I ate the apple because I thought I should. 

I wasn't hungry at lunch either two hours later. I ate lunch because I needed to. After lunch things went a bit downhill. I had some pretty bad stomach pains and needed an emergency trip to the bathroom. I might have lost five pounds in there. I'm not saying it was the Shakeology that caused it. I had it yesterday and didn't have any problems. Lunch was a salad with spring mix, cucumber, raisins and sliced Hormel turkey breast. I forget what it's called, but it's the stuff that doesn't have nitrates and other gunk in it.

I wasn't hungry at my 2:00 break either, but I drank my Spinach, Cucumber and Celery juice just because I had it. i also had some trail mix because I like it. I shouldn't have had the trail mix though since it has too much sugar and junk in it, but it's super yummy! Once the bag is gone, I won't buy more.

Dinner was sirloin steak, some frozen veggie steamer bag thing and a rice concoction hubby made the other day. 

So, that was Day two in a nutshell. Drink Shakeology, wasn't hungry all day, had stomach pain midday.

No comments:

Post a Comment