Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Shakeology Day 4

Day 4

Today, I made the mistake of brushing my teeth before drinking my Shakeology. Minty Strawberry just didn't sound good, so I didn't drink it before leaving the house. On the drive to work, I got pretty hungry and decided that minty strawberry was a grand idea. I mixed it up while driving. Not the best idea, but I was already running late. I used a shaker cup and it had just under 8 ounces of almond coconut milk in it. The taste is less obnoxious now. I can't say that I like it, but it's not gross. I love strawberries, but I don't like strawberry flavored things. I got strawberry by accident. I thought I was getting chocolate.

I drank the shake on the way to work and ate eggs when I got there. I wasn't hungry all day. I had my graze.com snack at 8ish AM, an apple at 9:30 AM, my salad at 11:30 AM, trail mix at 1:30 PM because my day sucked and I wanted to do some stress eating. It made me feel better! Woot Woot! I had more cucumber, spinach, pear, celery juice at 2:15 PM. Dinner was more sirloin steak and a frozen steamer Green Giant thing with green beans, potatoes and peppers. Oh for dessert, I had more peanut butter frozen yogurt drops. Those are getting less gross too. 

I didn't fall asleep until pretty close to 10:00 PM last night. That should have left me absolutely exhausted when I woke up at 4:00 AM. However, I wasn't tired when I woke up! I must have slept well too because I don't even remember getting up for a potty break. This Shakeology is really growing on me. I started out as a non-believer thinking it was a really expensive protein shake, but it's so much more than a protein shake. My protein shakes have never made me feel full in the slightest. Protein shakes are just about getting protein. They aren't designed to fill you up. Those things make me half to pee within five minutes of finishing them. Shakeology doesn't have that impact on me. 

The first few days, I felt a bit disappointed because I was expecting all of this energy, but yesterday or the day before that, I realized that it is giving me energy. I'm not wound up tighter than a cocker spaniel, but I'm not falling asleep at my desk. I don't have to worry about falling asleep driving home from work. I'm not ready to crash as soon as I get home. Last night I stayed up until 9:30 because I wanted to make juice for today and then I had to wash the juicer. When I laid down in bed, my eyes should have instantly closed and I should have been asleep in seconds, but I was awake and wanted to chat with my husband. I think I was driving him a bit insane. I'm not bouncing off the walls, but I can function as a normal human being and that is huge. I have felt run down for month. I haven't made it through a day without wanting to take a nap until I started taking Shakeology. I'm not saying this is the holy grail or anything, and I've only been taking it for four days, but I've lived my life constantly hungry! Even when I wasn't watching my diet, I was hungry all the bloody time. I'm not hungry! I eat when I want to eat because I chose to eat. I don't eat because I'm hungry and I grab the closest thing to me. This is very liberating! After I take this stuff for at least a week straight, I'm going to skip it for a day and see how things go. Stay tuned for that! 

Want to learn more?


No comments:

Post a Comment