Sunday, July 27, 2014

Spinach Cucumber and Celery Juice


What I made and why

After making and drinking my second attempt at Morning Berry Juice, I decided that I wanted to try green juice. We paid a boatload of money for our Omega NC800 HDR 5th Generation Nutrition Center, and I felt like I needed to get some use out of it. I scoured Superjuicing for a green juice recipe that didn't have a ton of fruit in it. I needed something low in sugar. I couldn't find anything! I found a ton of stuff with oodles and oodles of sugar that sounded super yummy, but that's not what I was looking for. So, I went to the Internet and thought......."Google, don't fail me now!"

Spinach Cucumber and Celery Juice

I found a recipe on The Healthy Family and Home. It only had four ingredients and I had them all! Here is a picture of all of my ingredients! The lemon was squeezed in after everything else was juiced.


Here are the juice bowl and pulp bin. There wasn't much pulp in this one at all! 


It made a little bit more than I thought it would. These are pint mason jars.




The Verdict

I tried the juice right after I made it and wasn't a big fan. It was pretty pulpy and all I could smell was the celery. My husband just notified me that I was supposed to strain it per the instructions on the blog with the recipe. I didn't do that part. Oopsy. The taste wasn't so bad while it was going down, but as soon as I stopped drinking, all I could taste was the celery. Maybe my celery stalks were bigger than those in the recipe that was posted. I decided to put it in the fridge and try it cold. Drinking it cold made it slightly better, but it was hard to drink the entire glass. If I do this again, I'll use less celery. My husband suggested putting an apple into it. The juice was rather filling though. My husband served me dinner, and I'm full after about 30% of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment