Sunday, August 3, 2014

My Mission to Accept Yogurt into My Life Part 3 - Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Drops Take 3


What I made and why

I really want to incorporate yogurt into my life, but I just hate the flavor. I'm on a mission to change that. I started making these Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Drops a few weeks ago. I've made them twice before. The first time, didn't go so well. I had to cover them in Hershey's syrup just to eat them, but the second time came out well. I didn't need to cover them in anything. Woot Woot. 

Last weekend, I set out to make another batch, but things didn't go so well. I couldn't find my start tip, and then I discovered that it had been thrown away. I tried to make it using a different tip, but the stuff was so thick that I had to squeeze harder to get it out of the bag. This caused too much pressure on the bag and it ruptured. So then I just tossed the whole mess and tried again the next day.

The next day was a success as far as mixing everything up and getting it onto the cookie sheet. However, as soon as I put them in the freezer I remembered that I had forgotten the Stevia! I wanted to work the Stevia out of them over time, but I hadn't anticipated it being so soon. I figured I would have to coat them in the Hershey's Syrup again.

The Verdict

They were actually edible even without the Stevia! I didn't eat any on Monday though since I just didn't feel like eating them. On Friday, I didn't have any because on Thursday, I had left them in the fridge instead of the freezer. Oopsy. Anyway.....I think I've successfully succeeded in step one of accepting yogurt into my life. My next plan was to try mixing frozen fruit with yogurt. I had a recipe for this, but now I can't find it. I'm not really sure how it disappeared, but I can't find it on my Facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment