Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Review of Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds 10 Minute Tone Up


What I did and why

Today was Day 3 of my Gaiam TV trial. I had intended to do a 3 mile walk this morning using the walk belt, but I woke up an hour late. All I had time for was a 10 minute workout and even that was pushing it. I quickly scanned my Gaiam TV playlist and found this 10 minute workout. Perfect!

The Workout

This is not a walking workout. It was all done on the floor. It's all about toning the muscles. It used the weighted balls. I'm not sure if you can get the ones from Walk Away the Pounds anymore, but I got some 2 pound weighted balls at Walmart for about $10.00. Mine are the Gold's Gym 2 lb weighted balls

The workout starts with the standard Walk Away the Pounds intro, so you could hit play and then go fill up your water. Everyone is sitting on the floor on mats when the workout starts. She then starts talking about the workout, so really, you do have time to fill up your water and get your apps set up. 

The workout itself started out with them sitting cross legged. We then brought the weights up over our heads in an arcing motion. We did it fairly slowly. (I'm watching this again to write this post. I miss the fast forward feature on the DVDs where you can see the video while you fast forward. ugh) Okay so arms up over the had and we dropped the weights behind our heads bending at the elbow to do a tricep exercise. Then we moved into bicep curls. I was surprised that these moves with the 2 pound balls actually had an impact on me. My muscles were feeling a bit sore doing it. I've done the workout that came with the weighted balls, but it did nothing and that was months ago. We went back to doing the arcing up over the head. 

Then we laid down on our backs. We put the weights up to the ceiling and dropped the weights to the floor in an arcing motion. This created a flylike exercise. I was pretty surprised that this one seemed to get me sore too! We did another tricep move here by having our arms straight up to the ceiling and then dropping the weights towards our head by bending at the elbow. Then we did the chest flys again. Back to the tricep move. She didn't count out the reps. We set the weights down and then picked one back up. We raised our legs off the mat and put one of the balls between our knees. Then we raised our feet up to the ceiling and lowered them down, but not all the way to the floor, while squeezing the ball between our knees. 

Then we moved into curls with our feet up off the floor. We still had the ball between our knees. Then we grabbed the other ball and kept up with the crunches, but this time we raised the ball up to the ceiling as we crunched up and then lowered it as we went back. Then we flipped over and got on all fours. We put the ball behind one of our knees and then did leg raises while holding the weight there. We switched sides and did the same thing. 

Then we sat down again and stretched out. 

I didn't bother with the BodyMedia screen shot. It was only 10 minutes and it barely registered on my results. I think walking to the bathroom got more of a blip on my screen. I'm sure I burned more calories than it thinks I did. It says I burned 24 calories. Pretty sad eh. Anyway...This was a good short toning workout. If you're following Jessica Smith's Thin in 10 concept, this would work in great for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment