Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Review of Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds Walk and Job


What I did and why

Today is Day 2 of my Gaiam TV trial. I picked Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds Walk and Jog. I had intended to do two 1 mile walks, but ran out of time so I did a faster paced 30 minute walk instead. She said it was the equivalent of 2.5 miles.

The Workout

The workout started just like all the others. We went through the four basic moves which were walking in place, side steps, front kicks and knee lifts. It started out at a fairly quick pace compared to many of the other workouts of hers. Once the warm up was over, we went a little deeper on the side steps and mixed things up a little by walking with our feet shoulder width apart. We also did knee lifts while walking forward and backwards. There were four jogging segments. In this workout, she calls it slow jogging. In later workouts, she calls it boosted walking. This walk didn't have any walk boosters in it. 

The jogging segments always started out by walking forward and backward faster. Then we transitioned into jogging. We jogged forward and backwards for a bit and then jogged in place. The jogging segments lasted a couple minutes. I remember being so ready for the boosted walking segments to be over, but I was totally find with these jogging segments in this one. I'm not sure if I was moving slower or I've just had so much practice running in place with Les Mills Combat. The jogging segments also had bouncing front kicks and some leg swings. The front kicks were really low, but we bounced on the plant foot while the kicking foot was kicking. The leg swings were interesting. Our legs became like a pendulum. So the right leg swung out to the side first and then swung back in. As it met up with the left leg, the left leg swung out and back. The jogging segments ended with more jogging forward and backwards which transitioned into walking again.

We alternated between walking and jogging segments. The walking segments also included some arm movements. I realized that my chest and upper back muscles got a little sore from one of my workouts yesterday. I'm assuming it was the Walk Away the Pounds Express 2 mile Brisk Walk after dinner since that one had the stretchie band. The Walk Away the Pounds 3 Mile Super Fat Burner with the weighted balls in the morning didn't seem to do much. The arm movements were pretty much just going up over the head and down and alternating arms with the opposite leg during kicking. There was also some knee touching during knee lifts. 

Overall, this was a high energy workout. I got a good sweat on. She wasn't too chatty. There were a couple of times that I did want her to stop talking so I could stop doing knee lifts, but I made it through without any real trouble. 

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here are my BodyMedia screen shots for the workout. My Bluetooth connection died at some point towards the end of the workout. I'm not sure exactly when though. I'm only missing 5 minutes of activity, and the cool down doesn't usually count as activity, so I think I got most of it on there. I didn't bother with my Heart Rate Monitor stats. My phone isn't talking to Blogger at the moment so I'd have to email them to myself. They weren't impressive, so I didn't think there was much point. 


No comments:

Post a Comment