Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Review of Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds 2 Mile LIve Walk


What I did and why

This is Day 2 Workout 2 of my Gaiam TV 10 day free trial. I had planned on doing a 1 mile walk tonight, but ended up picking this 2 Mile Live Walk. I only did 30 minutes this morning, so I thought I should do 30 minutes this evening. 

The Workout

This workout was filmed at the Monroeville Mall in Pennsylvania. The mall was packed by people doing the workout. As a sick joke, the walk was filmed right in front of the Cinnabon. I think the mall was closed for the walk though so I don't think the poor people had to smell Cinnabon or be tempted by it when the walk was over. There were people as young as toddlers doing the walk and there were also several seniors in the audience as well. There were men and women. There were slim people and large people. It was quite the group.

The music was really loud and it sounded like Leslie was yelling the entire time. The cueing was a bit off too because she kept talking to the crowd. At one point, she even got off the stage and walked through the crowd. She talked to people for a few minutes while Mary led and then she just disappeared. While she was walking through the crowd, they were filming her instead of Mary, so I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing. The people in the crowd were hard to follow. When she came back, she had changed clothes and there were preteens with her carrying balloons. I think it was a Fourth of July celebration. She picked the working back up and Mary went to the back. They continued for several minutes and then she announced that we had gone 2 miles. The screen changed to show Cool Down and then it went back. I think there was part of this that didn't get filmed though because there were weighted balls on the stage that hadn't been there prior to the Cool Down screen.

The workout itself started out with the four basic moves which are walking in place, side steps, knee lifts and front kicks. We did all of those at a decent pace and then we changed things up a bit. This walk did some things that I hadn't done before and it really showed me that there are a lot of people with even less rhythm than me. I was quite happy about that. We did walking forward and backward. We did knee lifts going forward and then walking backwards. We did walking forward two counts and then two kicks then walking back and two kicks. We did kick backs and double side steps. We walked with our feet shoulder width apart. We did a combination deal where we did a few steps with our feet wide and then moved them in. We did that with four wide and four narrow and then two wide and two narrow. We also did out out in in. We worked our arms a bit as well. It was the basic up over the head and down, out to the side and back, and up and all the way down. We also did muscle man arms and clapping. Oh and there was one spot where we went up over our head from the sides similar to how it is during the cool down but it was faster paced. We also had our arms out to the side and then closed them up in front of us fully stretched out.

Overall, it was a very varied workout. She didn't do a whole lot of just walking in place which was nice. I liked the workout, but I didn't like the editing. They showed the crowd a lot which made it different for me to follow her. When Mary was leading, it was nearly impossible to hear her and they didn't always show her on the screen. This was an interesting workout to do once, but I wouldn't do it again. I wish more of the workouts had this variety though.

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Once again, I have a big dip in my workout. I thought I made an effort to keep my feet going, but maybe I let my left arm slack off while I was sipping the water. According to this, I burned off all of the extra calories that I got from eating the corn tortilla chips that I had after dinner. I've been wanting salty crunch, but I've been putting it off and putting it off and I just couldn't put it off anymore. I've had a bellyache for the last 10 minutes, so maybe this will teach me that corn tortilla chips are bad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment