Thursday, August 21, 2014

Review of Leslie Sansone's Walk Diet 2 Mile Walk


What I did and why

Today was Day 4 of my Gaiam TV 10 day free trial. I woke up late again! Crazy Crazy Crazy! However, I still got in a 30 minute workout. I've seen this workout before and have always wanted to try it. I'm not really sure why, but I just did, so I did it this morning!

The Workout

I was a bit surprised by the set and the walkers when I turned this one on. The set was rather drab and the walkers didn't look like her normal super cheery group of people. It kind of looked like a gathering in a church basement or something similar to that. It didn't really look like a professional quality workout video. I'm not sure if this was before or after Walk Away the Pounds. I did like that the walkers didn't seem to have that fake commentary like in Walk Away the Pounds. All of the feedback from the walkers in that just sounds scripted and it's annoying. Leslie tried to talk to these walkers, but they didn't seem to respond. I did like that there was a variety in the sizes of the people. That's always a plus. I hate doing workout videos while watching Barbie not even breathe heavy.

Okay so the workout itself started with the four basic steps which are walking in place, side steps, front kicks and knee lifts. Once we got all warmed up, we moved faster and exaggerated the movements more. We sat down into the side steps and we kicked higher. We got our arms into it a few times, but it didn't seem like there was a lot of arm movement going on. It felt rather slow at times, but I still got a good sweat on. 

The workout didn't do anything crazy or different. It kept a decent pace, but there was  a lot of walking between the moves. There was a glitch in the streaming again and I had to get out and back into the video. That was a bit annoying since we're up to three times that I had glitches now. There weren't many things beyond the basics, but there were kickbacks, walking forward and backward, doing kickbacks forward and backward and doing double sidesteps. There may have been others that I just can't remember. I would do this video again if I continued my subscription to Gaiam TV, but I would not go out and buy this workout. It was just a bit drab. 

There were mile markers for the workout. The cooldown was a pretty typical cool down with stretching up over the head and the runners calf stretch. One annoying thing though is that she kept saying how if you can get through 30 minutes of moderate exercise, you're in great shape. I can get through the workout just fine, but I'm 275 pounds which is far from in great shape. I'm sure it's said to be motivating, but I just think it shouldn't be said. It's right up there with her speech about one of her workouts working off a meal. It might work off a healthy meal, but doing that workout doesn't mean you can go have McDonald's for dinner.

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here are my BodyMedia screen shots for the workout. I'm surprised that I even got 4 minutes of vigorous activity. It didn't feel very vigorous. It was probably during the hallelujah arms with the kick backs. Those usually get me to vigorous. 


No comments:

Post a Comment