Sunday, August 3, 2014

Spinach, Celery, Cucumber and Pear Juice Take 2


Spinach, Celery, Cucumber and Pear juice

I really liked my first batch of Spinach, Celery, Cucumber and Pear Juice, but I wanted to make it less sweet, so I doubled up on the cucumber and celery. I still used about three cups of spinach. It was the last of the spinach and cucumbers! I kept the lemon in there even though I'm not sure if it's doing anything for the flavor. 


I thought I was going to overfill my juice container! I skimmed off the foam that was on the top before I took the picture. There wasn't much pulp in this juice. I'm really surprised by how much juice I get out of these things. I know that cucumbers are pretty much all water, but I thought the spinach would have more pulp.


The Verdict

This wasn't as bad as the first time I tried it without the pear, but it certainly wasn't as good as the batch. I think I'm going to go back to making it with the single cucumber and single celery stalk. I'm gradually getting used to yogurt. I can gradually get used to green juice without fruit in it. This was the last of my ingredients. It made two glasses, but that left me without any juice for Friday. I think the juice is giving me a nice hit of energy. I was able to stay up until nearly 10:00 PM for three nights this week without being tired. On Friday, I didn't have my afternoon hit of green slime (that's what the boys call it at work) and I was pretty tired that night. I'm going to give it another week with this juice and see how things go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment