Monday, September 8, 2014

Review of Beachbody Piyo Day 5


Day 5: Rest Day

Okay so Day 5 is supposed to be a Friday and it's supposed to be a rest day. However, I started off on a Tuesday. I'm kind of regretting that decision because I'm all sorts of confused, but anyway, since I started on a Tuesday, Day 5 ended up on a Saturday. I wanted  my rest day to be Sunday and I wanted to get it set so my week started on a Monday again. The plan was to wake up on Saturday and do Define: Lower Body and Define: Upper Body. I would then have my rest day on Sunday when we were planning on doing a hike and I would restart the calendar on Monday with Sweat. 

Well, my body had other plans. I woke up pretty sore. My hamstrings were killing me! When I was lifting weights, I had a hard time working my hamstrings. I would do the hamstring machine and it didn't do much. I hated squats and stuff so I just avoided those. Nothing that I was really willing to do would work my hamstrings. I would get all bummed because I never got DOMS in my hamstrings. Apparently, I should have been doing PiYo all that time. OMG they hurt! I made it through Les Mills Combat without skipping a workout due to DOMS, but PiYo is kicking my butt! 

I'm all for working through the pain if you're doing cardio, but I don't believe in working the body part that you have DOMS in already. My hamstrings were killing me and I was scheduled for Define: Lower Body. Not a good plan. My biceps were a bit sore as well, so I wasn't in the mood to do Define: Upper Body either. I just took my rest day and decided to do the workouts on Sunday.

Well, Sunday rolled around and I was still pretty sore. I decided to skip the workout and skip the hike. That meant to keep me on track for the Tuesday start date, I had to do Define: Lower Body and Define: Upper Body on Monday. I hoped all day Sunday that I would wake up and not be sore on Monday. I really want to keep on track with PiYo, but I'm not going to injure myself to do it.

1 comment:

  1. HI you have a good blog i kie your blog as it have all the good information. Promote buy kurtis online

    ReplyDelete