Tuesday, December 30, 2014

21 Day Fix Day 2 Upper FIx


Day 2: Upper Fix

I woke up very sore from yesterday's Total Body Cardio Fix. My legs hurt! It's mainly just in my quads, but it's really bad! I was really looking forward to Upper Fix today because I haven't done much on my arms in so long. I really wanted to work my biceps! Turns out there wasn't much bicep work in this one, but it was still good. You get the option to play it with the Music On or Off. 

For this workout, we needed a set of light weights and a set of heavy weights. I used 5 pounds for the light and 10 pounds for the heavy. They had a modifier who used resistance bands. There was also a modifier who used lower weights and didn't do the moves as intensely. Instead of jumping jacks she stepped out to the side with one foot and alternated like that. 

The workout started out with the same workout as the first workout. We did some jogging in place, jumping jacks, windmills, side bends and toe touches. Then we did it again.

The workout was four rounds. Each round had five exercises. Rounds 1 and 2 were the same. Rounds 3 and 4 were the same. Each exercise lasted 60 seconds. There was a 15 second rest period between each exercise. I like the format of these workouts. I like knowing how long I'll be doing something. I found myself giving up in PiYo several times only to find out that I only had a few seconds left. 

Rounds 1 and 2 were Bent Over Rows, Transverse Twist (We held the weights up by our chests and turned to the side and punched and then turned to the other side and punched.) Push Ups,  Forearm Plank, and Curl to Press (We did a Hammer Curl and then a Shoulder Press). I liked this round, but I suck at forearm plank. I thought I was so good at it until my husband pointed out that my butt was way too high in the air. Holding the correct form is rough! I lasted 30 seconds. I had to take breaks pretty often during the second round. I was pretty surprised that my shoulders were able to handle this stuff! I have the wimpiest shoulders ever! I started out the push ups on my my toes, but didn't go down very far and I only lasted about 20 seconds that way. 

Rounds 3 and 4 were Lat Pullovers, Circle Crunches, Chest Press, Scissor Twists, and Front Raises. I really liked these rounds except for the Circle Crunches and the Scissor Twists. My abs were already sore. I'm pretty sure that my chest and triceps are going to be so sore tomorrow! 

The cool down was only a minute. It was some quick stretches for the shoulders, triceps and chest. 

I like that these workouts are only 30 minutes. They are pretty intense for those 30 minutes too. 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here is my screen shot! I thought I would have had more activity minutes, but there wasn't much fast movement going on. 



No comments:

Post a Comment