Sunday, December 14, 2014

Gaiam Yoga for Beginners with Rodney Yee and Colleen Saidman



Gaiam Yoga For Beginners with Rodney Yee and Colleen Saidman

This DVD had three workouts. I got it from my library. They have several of Rodney Yee's workouts and I plan on doing them in the next two weeks. I'm starting 21 Day Fix in 2 weeks so I'm doing Yoga until I start it. I might do some other stuff too, but I want to really work on my flexibility and I don't want to do anything that will make me sore going into the 21 Day Fix. 

Pose Training for Perfect Form

This was a 43 minute training program. It wasn't a hard workout, but it was a workout. They talked about proper form. We didn't do anything too terribly difficult. We didn't hold a pose too long. I really like Rodney Yee's stuff because we don't do the same poses that everyone else is doing. Although, I don't have a vast experience with Yoga so I could be wrong, but these are different enough from anything we did in PiYo and anything we did in the Daily Burn workouts that it feels new and different. I'm still getting a good workout and amazing stretch too. I also like that he calls them by the English names so I can learn something.

I can't remember all of the poses, but I'll list off as many as I can remember. Mountain, Volcano, Power (Chair), Staff, Cobbler, Right Angle, Triangle, Down Dog, Cobra and Warrior 2 are the names that come to mind. We also did some forward folding both standing and seated. I do much better with forward folding when I'm standing. Seated is so hard for me. My hamstrings are just so dang tight. I'm going to work on my hamstrings in the next couple weeks. I'm going to do a lot of stretching and a lot of foam rolling. I read that rolling your feet five minutes a day can help with the hamstrings too. 

Overall, I liked this workout. I learned some things, I burned some calories and I felt good and stretched after it was over. This one was filmed in a studio. Rodney and his wife were in it together. They switched off between doing the poses and doing the instruction. 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

These are never very impressive. I'm not even sure why I post them anymore but it's my thing so I keep doing it. 


20 Minute Morning Workout

This was another good beginner workout on this DVD. This was actually a workout. This was set in Hawaii. He was on a raised platform on a yoga mat. The music was nice and calming. I've done way too much yoga today and I can't remember the specifics of each workout anymore ugh. I do remember that nothing was difficult in this workout. It was basically a quicker version of the tutorial. We did the same moves, but with less time between each of them. It was very calming and relaxing. 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here's the screen shot in all it's glory.


15 Minute Evening Workout 

This one was led by Colleen Saidman. It was also in a beautiful setting. This one was even more relaxing and stretchy than the morning workout. I don't remember the moves again. I tried to play it in my laptop, but it just won't play correctly. 

I liked this one because of all the stretching, but I like Rodney leading better only because his wife sounds sound like Dharma from Dharma and Greg so it was really distracting for me. 

BodyMedia Screen Shot 

Another unimpressive screen shot, but it was beginner's yoga, so it wasn't too hard. I don't even think I broke a sweat. 




1 comment: