Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Les Mills Combat Mini Round Day 2 - Power HIIT


Day 2: Power HIIT

Today was Day 2 of my Mini Round of Les Mills Combat. My back was a bit sore from yesterday's workout. I wasn't planning on doing this workout again, but hubby said I should do whatever was hardest before and do it again. It sounded like sound advice, so I decided to do this one and Shock Plyo. I haven't done Shock Plyo yet though. That's for Thursday or next week. 

So the workout was crazy intense, but while I was doing it, all I kept thinking about was how the hell did I make it through this workout the first time around. There were so many squats in this! My legs are going to be in so much pain tomorrow! I did all of the jumping sumo squats, but I didn't do the arms with it. I used 10 pound dumbbells for the lifting section. It was rough, but I got through it. I was pretty surprised with myself. The last time I did this, I used 5 pound dumbbells and they killed me! I didn't do the plyo lunges in this. I just did rear lunges. I'm not quite up for plyo lunges yet. I did the burpees at my own pace and I did the mountain climbers up on my toes! The last time, I did the mountain climbers on my knees and I had to take breaks for the burpees. I've gotten a lot better stronger since August! Woot Woot!

You can read a play by play of the workout from my original round of Les Mills Combat on Day 2

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here is the screen shot. I got three extra minutes of total activity over my first time doing this workout. It must have been the jumping during the sumo squats. 



No comments:

Post a Comment