Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Les Mills Combat Mini Round Day 8 - Shock Plyo


Day 8: Shock Plyo

After doing Les Mills Combat for the first time, I decided that I never wanted to do this workout again. It was the last workout in the round and I didn't want it to be my last memory of Les Mills Combat, so I did the free workout Combat Live 30 the next day and made my first round a 61 day round instead of 60 just because of much I disliked this workout. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad workout. I'm just saying that it was so incredibly hard for me and I felt like a complete failure doing it, so I never wanted to do it again. I did it for the 60 days because it was part of the plan, but once it wasn't on my calendar, I was done......Or so I thought. I was talking to my husband about redoing some of my workouts and he told me that I should redo whatever was hardest for me. Apparently, my mini round of Les Mills Combat would have to include Shock Plyo then because it was the hardest workout that I had done over the past year. 

I put Shock Plyo off until the last workout of my mini round. It didn't really seem intentional as far as putting it off to avoid doing it. It just seemed to make logistical sense at the time. I didn't really have a solid plan for my mini round. Originally I had intended to make it a full two weeks, but then I decided to do each workout once and Shock Plyo just came in last. Now my last memory of my mini round is Shock Plyo, but it didn't leave any lingering negativity this time around. The workout was still brutally hard, but I've come a long way. It was brutally hard, but I put more into it this time. I got deeper in my squats. I didn't need to take breaks during the burpees. I didn't do them as fast as they did, but I got through them without breaks. I didn't do the plyo lunges, but that was more to preserve my knees than anything else. I wanted to die when I was done, but I could walk and didn't need to sit down to take a breather first. 

Overall, this workout was pure and utter torture for the 28 minutes, but I'm glad I did it again. I did not have fun while doing it, but I can appreciate how far I've come since doing it last summer. This really is the hardest workout I've done. I'm almost looking forward to doing it again in a few months to see if I've gotten any better at it.

BodyMedia Screen Shot

The workout is only 28 minutes, but my screen shot has a few more minutes on it. I forgot to shut off the workout tab and started hooking up my Roku streaming stick to the TV. As hard as this workout is, I think I should have more than 4 minutes of vigorous activity and more than 16 minutes of total activity, but there is a plank section so that's brutal, but you're not actually moving much. There's other stuff too where I moved slowly, but it was brutal and the BodyMedia device doesn't seem to think it was enough to count as activity. Oh well.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment