Sunday, February 8, 2015

Beachbody 21 Day Fix: 10 Minute Fix for Abs


10 Minute Fix For Abs

This was the last workout that I hadn't done from 21 Day Fix. It wasn't part of the calendar, so I didn't do it while doing the 21 Day Fix. I think it was part of doubles week, but I didn't do doubles week. next round, I'll probably do doubles week. 21 Day Fix consists of two DVDs plus the free disk if you buy from a coach and the upgrade disk if you go for the upgrade. 10 Minute Fix for Abs is both of the basic package disks. This comes in kind of handy when you are like me, and hate swapping out the DVD in the DVD player. I have no problem working out for an hour, but when I decide it's time to work out, I don't want to have to deal with swapping disks around. It's pretty silly, but that's the story of my life. 

Okay so this workout is short and fast, but effective! I did this workout yesterday, and I'm really feeling it today. I had a hard time doing my Biggest Loser Yoga workout today because my abs were pretty sore from yesterday. I didn't realize how much ab stuff my Biggest Loser Yoga workout was going to have. I would have picked something else to do! I'm getting side tracked here......

Back on topic......The workout doesn't have a warm up or a cool down, but it's only 10 minutes and she packs so much into those 10 minutes that there really isn't time for a warm up or cool down. This was all about the crunch and the different variations of it. I'm not a huge fan of the crunch, so it wasn't a really fun workout for me. 

This doesn't follow the same format as the other workouts. It's 10 minutes straight working the abs. No breaks. There is a timer counting down the workout and there is a counter counting down the reps. Each move has 20 reps and you do each exercise twice. I don't remember them all, but here's what I remember........

Crunches with legs straight up in the air (or you can lower the legs down towards the floor to get more lower abs involved)
Crunches with feet off the floor and knees bent to 90 degrees
Crunches with one leg straight up and the other bent to 90 degrees (each side gets 20 reps)
Bicycles (they don't have Crunch in the name, but it's still a crunch variation really)
Crunches with your  knees bent to 90 degrees and then laid down to the side
Legs straight up in the air and you reach a hand towards the opposite foot 

Overall, I was impressed with how much my abs actually hurt the day after doing this workout. It was only 10 minutes. Just about everyone can find 10 minutes to workout. 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here is my rather unimpressive screen shot. Interesting that I took 59 steps when I was on my back the entire time, but whatever. I'm pretty sure I burned more than 18 calories too. According to the BodyMedia device, I burn 1.6 calories per minutes sitting here typing. I had to have burned more than 1.8 while doing this crazy little workout.




No comments:

Post a Comment