Sunday, May 31, 2015

Zen Labs C25K Couch to 5K Week 1 Day 3


C25K Week 1 Day 3

This was another double workout day. Fortunately, it was a Saturday so I didn't have to go to work! However, I still had to go grocery shopping and do 12 phone calls for my editing project. It was a pretty rough day. I started the run just after hubby went to work at 7:30 in the morning. It was nice walking while it was light out. I did the same thing as the last time though even though I didn't have a lighting issue. Since walking to the track and doing all of the running on the track felt better on my shins, I did it again. The workout should have been 30 minutes, but turned into just under 48 minutes. The extra exercise was good for me though so I'm not complaining. I'll get faster at my walk to the track so I might be able to shave a couple minutes off the total workout. If I can't, it doesn't really matter. I've got plenty of calories to burn.

Once again, I managed to screw something up with the app. I'm not sure how I continue to manage that one, but I was getting texts and emails while doing one of the walking rotations. I never got the message to run, so I kept walking. Once I realized I had been walking for too long, I looked at the phone and saw that I was halfway done with a running interval, but I was still walking. I ended up running into the next walking interval. Then I shortened that walking interval and got back on track with the running. 

I learned something about the app today! When I started the app, it told me that I needed to make sure that my phone wasn't on Silent or Vibrate if I wanted to hear the walking/running notifications while the screen was locked. No more battery sucking! Woot Woot. 

It was way too humid for this run. I didn't need a sweatshirt, but a t-shirt wasn't enough. I ended up putting on a long sleeve t-shirt that I got when I signed up to do the Shamrock Run (I was going to do the 5k walk) several years ago. I didn't end up going because it was raining that day. The fabric was kind of weird. It kept me very warm though. 

I got through the walk without too much trouble, but I was pretty much exhausted for the rest of the day. Not mentally tired. My brain was fine. My eyeballs were too. This was just physical exhaustion. Holding my head up was a challenge. I found myself falling asleep while editing which could have bad consequences when the higher ups get the reports! The humidity was getting to me during the run too. I was kind of dragging at the end of each jogging interval and I was so ready for this workout to be over and done with! 

Later that day, I bought new running shoes though. Now I'm all excited to run again! Woot Woot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment