Monday, August 24, 2015

Cize The End of Exercize Day 1: Crazy 8s



Day 1: Crazy 8s


I'm sooooooooo excited! I finally get to do Cize! I have been wanting to do this for weeks. It came out towards the end of July. I've gotten to see everyone and their dog doing this workout program on Facebook. I had to wait until I was done with Rockin' Body and my rest week to be over and done with before I could do it. Today was the day! I was a bit concerned about working out after an entire week of rest. The weird part was that I didn't actually feel rested after my rest week. I was tired! I was thankful to wake up without having any pain in my calf though. We did a hike to the top of Tumalo Mountain a week ago and I felt it up until yesterday! 

Cize is a dancing program, but you don't need to be a dancer or have co-ordination in order to do this program. All of the moves are fairly simple and they are designed to mimic things that you've been doing your whole life. He goes a bit faster with the teaching than in Rockin' Body, so if you do have some issues with choreography, you might want to try Rockin' Body first. That's what I did and it worked well for me. I've never been able to do dancing workouts. I've tried a bunch. You can see a list of them in the top paragraph of my first experience with Cize. I tried Cize since it was the newest Beachbody program and I had a free trial to On Demand, so I tried the Cize Sneak Peak. I loved it and could do it, but I felt a little bit behind the whole time, so I started doing Rockin' Body On Demand. It was an amazing program and it taught me ho to let go! By the last workout, I actually danced like no one was watching. 

I'm starting to ramble now! Shocker! Okay, so back to Cize. Crazy 8's was about 30 minutes long. It's made up of 8 different moves. You learn the first one and do it several times. Then you learn the second one a do it several times. Then you do the first one followed by the second one a few times. Then you learn the third one and go back to the first one and do all three. It goes like this all the way through. At the end, you go through the whole routine a couple times and then they turn the music up and he talks less as you Cize it Up. That just means, you do the dance as best you can. I really liked this format! Shaun T is much more low key in this workout than he was in Rockin' Body. He was very flamboyant in Rockin' Body, but he's more of a hip hop kind of dancer in this one. I like both versions of him. 

I was able to do all of the moves in this and didn't have to modify anything. There wasn't even a modifier in the workout. If you can't jump, you could just step one leg out and back in during the jumping jack leg part. It's really only one jump in and then back out again and then you get to keep the both on the floor for a little bit. It's not like some of the Rockin' Body stuff where there was a bunch of jumping. I can't really describe the different moves, but they were all completely doable for this 268 pound chick. I do have to admit though, that I did feel a bit out of place when the workout started. I'm not sure if it was because I hadn't worked out for a week or if he was just moving faster than I was used to. I did have a moment of, "OMG! I have a month of this to do!" It didn't last though. Once I let it all go and just focused on the movement, it went much better. I didn't care that I was often a step behind him because I just couldn't move that fast. 

At the end, you're supposed to rate yourself. I'm going to give myself a 1 for this workout. I had a slow start and it was my first time, so I want to leave room for improvement in my score. I'm hoping to be up to a two by the next time I do this workout. 


Polar M400 Screen Shots

I was pretty surprised by the calorie burn on this one! I was also surprised to see how much time my heart rate spent in zone 4. I even was in 5 for three minutes! That's one heck of a calorie burn in this 30 minute Crazy 8s workout! 





Want to learn more? Watch the Video!








No comments:

Post a Comment