Sunday, August 23, 2015

Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Wraps from Damn Delicious



Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Wrap

This recipe was posted on Damn Delicious as a sandwich, but I made it into a wrap. I had this for my lunches last week. I made a double batch on Sunday and packed one cup of it into my Pyrex containers. I tossed a little romaine lettuce on a whole wheat soft taco shell and boom instant lunch. I gotta say though that one cup of this was pretty hard to eat in the taco shell. The guys at work looked at it and said, "You're never going to be able to close that thing.Might as well make it a tostado." I was determined to make it a taco though after I gave up on it being a burrito. :) 

I have no idea really what prompted me to try this recipe since I'm such a picky eat. I'm not a fan of almonds, onions or green apples and this thing has all three of them. I'm also not a huge fan of mixing quite so many things together and this thing is loaded with different stuff all held together by some Greek yogurt. I was brave though and tried it. I even brought it for lunch without actually trying it first. If I didn't like it, I wasn't going to have anything for lunch that day! 

It worked though and I actually liked it! Now I'm on a chicken salad kick and I'm on a mission to find new recipes! I'm also going to make my own up tonight when I get home. Stay tuned for the results! It's going to be awesome. Hubby came up with an amazing idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment