Friday, August 7, 2015

Rockin' Body Day 18: Booty Time and Hip Hop Abs Fat Burning Cardio




Day 18: Booty Time and Hip Hop Abs Fat Burning Cardio

Day 18 was supposed to be Booty Time and Rock It Out, but I did not have enough time to do both of those. Booty Time is 30 minutes and Rock It Out is 45. That would have put me to work way late. I'm not really sure how I ran out of time, but I did. It's just as well though since I was still sore from my last time doing Rock It Out. That workout is intense! I did Booty Time first and then looked at the calendar for the following day. I figured that I would just do one of the Day 19 workouts and then do Rock It Out on Day 19. However, Day 19 was Shaun T's Dance Party and Hard Core Abs. I don't have Shaun T's Dance Party because it's not available on On Demand and I didn't want to do Hard Core Abs and leave two long workouts for the following day. I decided to do a 30 minute Hip Hop Abs workout. 

Booty Time is pretty intense on the legs, but I stuck with it longer this time without taking a break. There's a section where you squat down and tap the floor with one hand. I'm pretty sure I had to stand up a couple times the last time. I've been listening to Shaun T's podcasts though and some of the things that he has said went through my mind while I was doing this section. I tried to put off standing up for as long as I could and I ended up getting through that section without a break. I do have to admit though that I didn't do the jumping in this workout. I did try some of it, but I didn't do all of it. I will try more of the jumping next week. 

Hip Hop Abs Fat Burning Cardio was an interesting little workout. It's the same basic concept as Rockin' Body where you learn the dance moves slowly. First you'll just walk across the room and then you walk with groove and then you add arm movements. This one was pretty hard core on the abs compared to a lot of the Rockin' Body stuff. It was also a lot more low key. He was much more laid back in this one. He's a big goofball in Rockin' Body. I like it and it works in Rockin' Body, but it was nice to see a calmer version of him. He looks so young in this one! All of the moves were pretty simple and they were all pretty much based on walking, kicking, knee lifts and side stepping just like Leslie Sansone workouts, but the arm movements and the way he combines the movements turns all of that into dancing. Anyone who likes Leslie Sansone workouts should love these!

Polar M400 Screen Shots

Here are the screen shots for the workout. My heart rate was pretty much all over the place. I got a decent calorie burn for the full hour though. I love seeing those big numbers!



No comments:

Post a Comment