Saturday, September 12, 2015

Shaun T's Define Your Life Podcast


Define Your Life Podcast

I've recently developed an obsession with podcasts. It all started when my Beachbody Coach invited me to join a weekly podcast group. It sounded like book club and I love book club! So on Mondays, he would pick a podcast for us to listen to and then on Thursdays we would talk about it. They were mainly things about being a great Beachbody coach, but they made me realize that this podcast thing was pretty amazing! 

I then set out to find other podcasts to listen to. I found Shaun T's Define Your Life podcast and fell in love! It was amazing! I say was, because this particular podcast is no longer being produced, but you can still listen to all 28 episodes of Define Your Life if you visit iTunes. From an iPhone, just go to the podcast app and search either Shaun T or Define Your Life. If you're using an Android device, I'm not sure how you find it, but it's on iTunes so if all else fails, go there. 

This particular podcast isn't just about fitness and losing weight, but there is a lot of conversation about fitness and losing weight. He does it in a very inspiring and motivational way. I loved listening to these while I was at work. I could listen to him all day. He could probably read the tax code and make me feel inspired to be a tax professional.

I loved this podcast so much that I think I actually broke the Internet at the company I work for because I downloaded too many while on the company WiFi. I'm not saying for sure it happened, but on two separate occasions, I was downloading podcasts and then the Internet pretty much died at work. They came out with a memo saying that they had exceeded their bandwidth for the day. They ended up upping the bandwidth.

Several of the podcasts were just Shaun T talking about life and struggles. Some of them were interviews with other people. He brought on a few of his friends and even had his husband on the podcast for an interview. It's hard to describe this podcast, but it wasn't in your face I'm going to inspire you to do this or you need to do that, but it had this subtlety to it. I would listen to it while I was at my desk and then hours later, I would think about something he had said. Sometimes, I would think about it while I was working out and then I would dig a little deeper during the workout. I wouldn't give up when I wanted to.

One day after listening to this podcast for a few days, I just decided that I was going to start counting my Weight Watchers points again. I was done with this whole being fat thing and I was going to finally focus on my nutrition again. I haven't had any problems getting my workouts done, but the nutrition part has just been so hard for me. I sat at my desk (don't tell my boss this!) and just started plugging in what I had eaten that day. It was a Tuesday at like 10AM and I just decided it was time to start counting. I wasn't going to wait until Monday like I always had done in the past. I was just going to start at that moment and the fact that I was sitting at my desk didn't matter. I couldn't even wait until my next break. It just had to happen right then.

I lost 10 pounds in about a week and a half after that. I kept at it with the points counting and was doing great! My downfall was when one of my suppliers at work decided that he was going to buy me something and of course it had to be food. I tried to convince him that I didn't want anything, but he insisted and I'm one of those people who always caves to other people. I want other people to be happy even if it's at my own expense. He wanted to give me something, so I told him about Justin's Peanut Butter Cups. Unfortunately, I also told him about how much I love vanilla Joe Joes from Trader Joes and their peanut butter filled pretzels. He bought me two boxes of the cookies and a bag of the pretzels!

It was okay though, I was going to give away the food! However, he made me open the box so he could have one of the cookies. I had to eat one with him or it would look rude. That was my downfall. I ate half of that box of cookies, but I was strong enough to give away the other half. However, I still had another box of cookies and the bag of pretzels. I managed to not eat the other box for about two days. I didn't open the pretzels either. I gave the pretzels to hubby to bring to work. I opened the other box of cookies and intended for him to take the rest to work, but he forgot it so I ate it. Yup, the entire box. I also ate half of a half gallon of ice cream that weekend too.

I kept workout out though and I'm proud of the fact that I did give away half of a box of cookie and the entire bag of pretzels. I've really gotten off track here. We're supposed to be talking about this podcast. Shaun T is amazing. He has an awesome voice and he knows how to use it. The podcasts are from 40 to 60 minutes.

I highly recommend that you listen to this podcast especially if you're going through a weight loss journey. If you've listened to it, leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought about it.

I also recommend that you check out his workout programs to see if there's something of interest to you. He has a wide range of programs including dancing programs as well as more traditional workout programs. He has some that are 25 minutes and some that are longer! I've to a list below if you'd like to check them out.

Focus T25

I haven't done this one yet, but I really want to! All of the workouts are 25 minutes! It means I could sleep in every morning! That alone makes me want to try it. The fact that Shaun T is the instructor really adds to my desire to do this program. It's traditional exercise, but it's only 25 minutes and there's a modifier so I don't have to do all the hard stuff! This one is available on Beachbody On Demand, but only if you buy the DVDs first. 

Insanity

This is the original Insanity program. It's fast and it's hard from what I hear. I've never done it because I'm scared! I'm not a fan of traditional exercise. I've heard a lot about this program through the podcast and I would like to try it, but I'm just not quite ready. Maybe in a few months when I'm not hiking on the weekends. This is available on Beachbody On Demand if you want to stream it. 

Insanity Asylum

I haven't done this one because it's supposed to be pretty hard and I'm scared to try it. It's more traditional exercise which is kinda like working out and I'm not a fan of working out. I like my exercise disguised as fun things like martial arts or dancing. The dancing this is new for me since I've traditionally hated dancing workouts. If you want a challenge, try this one out. This is available on Beachbody On Demand if you'd like to stream it.

Insanity Asylum Volume 2:

This is another one in the Insanity series. I haven't done it because it's just too much for me at this point in my fitness journey. This is available on Beachbody On Demand if you want to stream it. 

Insanity Max: 30

This is the newest one in the Insanity series. They are 30 minute workouts. They are supposed to be the hardest workouts ever put on DVD. I might eventually try them once I'm in better shape, but I think I'd die if I tried them right now. You can stream this through Beachbody On Demand, but only if you purchase the DVDs. 

Hip Hop Abs

This is a dancing workout. I did a few of the workouts from this program while doing Rockin' Body because Beachbody On Demand didn't have one of the Rockin' Body workouts, so I just filled in with Hip Hop Abs. You can read about Hip Hop Abs Hard Body Dance Party, Hip Hop Abs Cardio Groove Dance Party and Hip Hop Abs Fat Burning Cardio. You can get this on Beachbody On Demand if you want to stream it. 

Rockin' Body

This is a dancing workout, but the choreography is all based on walking, front kicks, knee lifts and side steps. It's super easy to follow. There were parts that were challenging though so that kept me motivated to come back and try it again. You can read about my experience with Rockin' Body. You can get this on Beachbody On Demand if you want to stream it. 

Cize


This is a dancing program that I'm doing right now. There are six dancing workouts plus a 10 minute ab workout. You can read about my experience with Cize The End of Exercize. This is available on Beachbody on Demand, but only if you buy the DVDs first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment