Sunday, January 24, 2016

Review of Beachbody 10 Minute Trainer Day 11: Total Body 2, Cardio, Abs



Day 11:

Day 11 was Total Body 2, Cardio and Abs. I finally got to do a new workout! However, it's the last new workout in the four weeks of the basic package of 10 Minute Trainer. That's 2-1/2 weeks away! 

Total Body

This one is just Tony and the door again. 

Lunge Press & Fly

We faced away from the wall. We got down into a lunge and did four chest presses. We switched legs and then did four chest flys. This move is crazy hard for me. My shoulders hurt more than my chest while doing it. I have such wimpy shoulders!

3 Speed Row Boat

I love these. We faced the wall. We went down into a squat as our hands went out in front of us. As we stood up, we pulled the bands to pretty much ab level. We went faster every 20 seconds.

Lunge Flys

We were in a lunge away from the door. We had one hand at our hip. That was the straight leg facing the wall. Then we did circles with the other hand. It's hard to explain them, but I liked these. Every 15 seconds, we switched which leg was facing the wall. 

3x4 Curls

We faced the wall again. We stayed upright, but had one foot off the floor. I had to touch my toe down. We did four bicep curls with both arms and then did 4 with one arm while the other arm is held in an iso position in a 90ish degree angle. Then we switched and did 4 with the other arm. After 30 seconds, we switched the plant foot. After watching this to do the post, I realized that he kept his toe down for most of this! I feel better now!

3x4 Throws

We faced away from the wall and got into a lunge position. We did tricep extensions. We did them just like the bicep curls so 4 with both arms, 4 with one arm while the other was extended and then 4 with the other arm. We switched legs with the lunge position after 30 seconds. I need to work at getting better positioning on the lunge in this one so I can work my legs better while doing this.

Squat & Lunge

We faced away from the wall. First we did a squat with our feet hip width apart and then we did a lateral lunge. Then squat and then the opposite side lateral lunge. This are awkward for me and I think they might actually be better for me facing the wall. He's the trainer though, but they just don't feel right to me.


Side Lunge Rotation

This is another fun one. So we've got the bands in our hands with our hands together. We do a lateral lunge and then move our arms almost like we're swinging a baseball bat, but we keep our hands close to our bodies. Every 15 seconds we switch which wall we're facing which changes which leg lunges.

3 Part Ab Crunch

So we got down on the floor with our head near the door and our feet towards the opposite wall. We came up and crunched for 30 seconds. I really felt these! After 30 seconds, we shifted our knees to the side to do an oblique crunch. After 15 seconds, we did the other side. I really really felt these! I'm not a huge fan of ab stuff, but I didn't hate these.

Scissor Fly Crunch Combo

We were in the same position as the above move. We brought our hands up towards the ceiling and had our legs out straight in front. One leg came up while the hands came down. We did a few with straight arms and then some doing some flys. I wasn't a huge fan of these, but I got through them!

Lunge Kickback Curl Twist

We faced the wall again. Then we did a tricep kickback. We stood up and did a lunge. Then we twisted to the right and then the left. These were interesting, but since we only did them for a minute and it was such a complex move, I didn't really feel this in any specific part of my body. 

Cardio

I got to do the Cardio workout again! I've done this workout a lot! I like it, but I've done it a lot! I'm getting pretty good at calling which move is next. I remember most of them, but I get a few out of order at times. I'm finding myself doing the moves more intensely now that my floor mats are taped together. It was hard to go all in when I was afraid of hurting myself when the floor mats separated. If you want to see all the moves, read my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer


Abs

I'm not a fan of ab workouts and the 10 minute ab workouts that come with most of the Beachbody programs are crazy hard. This one is hard, but it's totally doable. The moves are only 30 seconds which really helps. I still have a hard time with some of the moves, especially things ones with plank or side plank. I finally figured out why they have the O in some of the moves. It's O for obliques. I felt stupid when I finally figured it out. Oh well. My shoulders were killing me when we got into plan, so I ended up on my knees for most of the stuff involving plank and all of the stuff involving side plank. That side elbow plank leg kick thing is torture! I can barely get through it on my knee. I ended up taking a couple breaks and going down to my hip. If you want to see all the moves, read my post from Day 3 of 10 Minute Trainer

Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you want to learn more about the program, check out the video. If you decide you want to buy it, make sure you buy it from a Beachbody Coach so you get the free workout that comes with it. If you don't have a coach, you can get it from me. You can do the program for free if you sign up for the free trial of the Club Membership at Team Beachbody. With the trial, you get 30 days access to all of the workout programs in the Member Library of On Demand. 10 Minute Trainer is one of the programs and since it's a 4 week program, you can complete the program before the trial is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment