Thursday, March 13, 2014

Deschutes River Trail Bend Oregon - Centennial Loop


Today, we went on a short walk in the Old Mill District in Bend, Oregon. It was the Centennial Loop of the Deschutes River Trail. We did Mill Loop A a few weeks back. You can see the .pdf version of the map by clicking here. According to the map, this was a 1.3 mile hike, but MapMyHike shows that I walked 1.64 miles. There was a brick walkway for the entire walk. The walk was pretty level. The first hike that we did, was from the top bridge, to the second bridge and back. This walk was from the second bridge to the third bridge and back. We are going to go back to do the hike from the third bridge down to a fourth bridge that you can't see on this map. That hike is about 3 miles. Along this trail, there were informative displays like the one below.


The entire walk hugged the river which provided a scenic view. During our walk, there were two kayakers going down the river at a nice leisurely pace. 


There were two tunnels to walk through. They were painted in bright colorful designs. One of them is below. 


This is another picture of the same tunnel. The other tunnel, was decorated with paintings of fish. 


There were also interesting sculptures along the way. This is an otter.


This is a team of horses pulling a log. 


We enjoyed our walk. There was a dog park and also a dog beach park. There was also a fly fishing course on this section of the trail just like there was on the first section that we did. 

This is my BodyMedia Device screen shot for the walk. I found it rather interesting that according to this, I burned only about 60 calories less than my 30 minute workout that had 14 minutes of vigorous activity that I did a couple days ago.  


Here is my MapMyHike screen shot. There is a drastic difference in the calories burned between my BodyMedia device and the MapMyHike app. I believe BodyMedia over MapMyHike. Although, I would love to burn that amount of calories! We did this as a loop, but the map doesn't show that since I started the map while we were at the water, but didn't end the map until we were back at the car. 



1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate the work you have done, you explained everything in such an amazing and simple way. Thanks for sharing this useful blog.
    Buy Kratom Bend Oregon

    ReplyDelete