Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Start! Walking with Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Exercise TV


This morning I did this 2 Mile walk from Leslie Sasone. I believe it was originally made for Exercise TV which as far as I know, doesn't exist anymore, but you can buy the DVD on Amazon or rent the workout. 

Leslie is by herself in this one. I've decided that I like her better when she's alone. This workout has a clock in the corner that counts your time down to zero. I found this incredibly annoying. The workout that I did yesterday had the same thing except it counted down the miles individually. I forgot to mention that in my review though. 

This walk starts off with Leslie marching in place. She then goes through the four basic moves which include marching in place, side steps, knee lifts and front kicks. After a five minute warm up, you start to do more an incorporate your arms. This walk did not have any walk boosters or boosted walking. I find it odd that the weighted balls, stretchie band and belt are called walk boosters, but when you jog it's called boosted walking. I will learn to get over that though. The arm movements in this are pretty basic and include raising them over your head and pulling them down, stretching them out in front of you and pulling them back, opening them up and closing them up, touching your knees when you do knee lifts and stretching your opposite hand out while you do front kicks. The moves beyond the basics in this one include kick backs, tap outs, tap outs with a small lunge to them, tapping your heal in front of you, stepping three times then tapping,  doing the previous move while moving left and right, double side steps, walking forward two counts and backwards two counts, and double and quadruple knee lifts.I don't remember any boosted walking in this workout.

I don't remember seeing any mile markers in this workout, but she did mention the 1 mile and 2 mile points. Before the second mile is up, the music slows down a bit, and you go into a cool down. You continue walking, but you go slower and do the side steps and front kicks in a much smaller way. Once the cool down is over, you go into the typical stretch. You stand in place and do some exhaling while stretching your arms up over your head. You'll turn to the side to stretch your legs and finish up by some more deep breathing while moving your arms up over your head again. 

Below, you'll see my BodyMedia and Nexercise screen shots for the day. Overall, this was a good workout. I had 14 minutes of vigorous activity. It must take 15 minutes for me to get a check mark for the day. I should have jogged for a minute just to get that check mark. Oh well, I don't want to get all worked up this close to bed, so I'll pass on more jogging. The tall blue blob on the left is the workout. The rest of the blue blips are me walking around at work. It was my last day at work before a five day vacation, so I was running around trying to get everything organized before I left. 




No comments:

Post a Comment