Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Leslie Sansone Deluxe Fat Burning Walk Special Edition - Fat Burner Walk


Yesterday morning, I did the second workout on the Deluxe Fat Burning Walk Special Edition. This is part of the Leslie Sansone Walk Aerobics series. I did the longer workout the other day. You can read about it here. This workout was about 30 minutes and included intervals of strength training and cardio. This DVD was  my consolation DVD from Netflix because the DVD that I had requested was coming from a different facility and was going to take longer to get. I liked that this DVD had two workouts. The one from the other day, was from the 80s, but the second one looked like it could have been the 90s. Leslie sounded older and did not have big hair.

This DVD was made up of two previously released DVDs. So be careful and don't buy this one if you have either of these. The one on the left is the one that I did first. The one on the right is from this review. 



She was alone during this workout. The workout was in what appeared to be a very large living room. I really liked the floor and the decorations in the room. I wanted this room to be my living room! 

This was not your typical Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds type workout. There was no introduction to the four basic steps and it had steps that I had not done before. I kinda liked that. It started off with marching in place which is pretty typical, but the warm up also included mini squats, which I have done before, but that was in a cool down. It also had a move that she said was to get us ready for the lunges. It's hard to describe accurately, but it was sort of like a sidestep, but you were going forwards and backwards. You stepped forward and then brought your other leg up to meet it then stepped back with the same leg and then back with the other leg. 

Once the warm up was done, she puts on some weighted gloves. She said that they were one pound each glove. She did say that you could use dumbbells instead. I didn't have dumbbells or the gloves, so I used my weighted balls. 

We then moved into squats and lunges! Woot Woot! I hate squats and lunges and I had just done them on Thursday of last week. I was still store from the ones that I had done last week, but I still did my squats and lunges. She talked in detail about how to properly do a lunge, and apparently I hadn't been doing them right, so this was good for me. You do these slow at first and then you pick up the pace a smidge, but it's still an easy enough pace to handle. While doing the squats and lunges she also had us do some bicep curls and some French presses for the triceps.

After the squats and lunges are done, we moved back to the cardio side of things. The cardio stuff never moved very quickly. My heart rate got up, but I never hit vigorous activity on the BodyMedia device. The cardio stuff included the normal marching in place, side steps, knee lifts and front kicks. However, we never heard about them as the four basic steps. There were also kick backs. In this one, when doing the kicks and knee lifts going forward, she had you walk backwards and then move forward with the kicks or knee lifts again. There was no kicking while walking backwards. That messed me up a bit. She also did a fun little move that she called the box step. You walked with your feet about shoulder width apart. You then stepped forward with your left foot, then forward with your right, then back with your left and back with your right. Your footsteps formed a bit of a box. It was different and I liked it. 

The rest of the workout alternated  between squats and lunges and the cardio sections. There were three squat and lunge intervals. Once all of that was done, we went into a cool down and a stretch.

Overall, I liked this workout, but I never got into the vigorous activity range on my BodyMedia device. I found that a little bit disappointing, but I got over it since I really did like the workout and I learned something about lunges. I really need to focus on just dropping my back knee down to keep my from moving forward on my front knee. 

Below are my BodyMedia device screen shots. 


No comments:

Post a Comment