Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Walk Indoors! Interval with Leslie Sansone

This morning I was running late because I wrote up yesterday's workout review when I woke up today. I did a one mile walk off of YouTube. It was called Walk Indoors! Interval. I wasn't able to find that as a DVD title, so I'm not sure if this was just something that was done for Internet release or if it's a mile off of a DVD that I just can't find. It was about 15 minutes long even though my BodyMedia shows a little longer. I forgot to shut it off.

The workout started with the four basic steps which are walking in place, side steps, front kicks and knee lifts. The pace picked up quickly, but then slowed down a couple minutes later. Then it picked up again and included boosted walking. There were two more boosted walking segments and then one last slow section. The workout just ended after a quick high five session and her congratulating everyone for doing a mile. There wasn't a stretch. However, I did find a Walk Indoors! Stretch segment on YouTube so maybe that's why. I played the beginning of it, but it didn't make any reference to the walk that we had just done. It was all very weird. The walk itself looked like a live class more than an exercise DVD. If you've ever done TaeBo Live and the regular TaeBo workouts, you'll know what I'm talking about. There were people who looked like they had just come off of the street. The outfits were not all matched up, and the people were not the perfect smiley on beat walkers that I'm used to. One or two of them were off pace most of the time and I found it distracting, but I was happy to see some bigger people in this DVD.

The workout was only 15 minutes, but she managed to get a speech in it about how you need to walk to train for life. She also managed to talk to both of the guys for a couple of minutes. I'm not really sure why she's so hung up on the guys in the workouts, but she always talks to them or about them whenever there is a guy.

Overall, it was a decent one mile walk, and I would suggest it to anyone who wants to try jogging intervals. Jogging is the same thing as boosted walking. It just sounds less scary. Nothing crazy happened in this workout. It was pretty much just the normal four moves plus the jogging and some boosted front kicks. Basically, you do a little hop with the planted foot while the other foot kicks.

Below are my BodyMedia screen shots. I got 7 minutes of vigorous activity. I thought that was pretty good since it was such a short workout. The tall skinny blip on the left is the workout. Tomorrow, I'm doing The Biggest Loser Power Walk. I anticipate a really tall and really wide blue blob! It's an hour long if I do all four segments!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment