Thursday, May 29, 2014

Jessica Smith Thin in 10 Day 3


What I picked and why

I did Day 3 of the Thin in 10 exercise plan. On Monday, I committed to doing seven full days of this madness. Crazy me said that I would do the Intermediate plan instead of the Novice plan like I should have done according to the test. I woke up with sore abs from yesterdays workout and sore triceps from Tuesday's workout. I'm curious to see what's sore tomorrow. I'm trying desperately to get to 25 pounds of weight loss, but if I keep retaining water from all of these sore muscles, than I'll never get to 25 pounds of weight loss!

Day 1


Walk

I did the 10 minute interval walk on YouTube again. This alternates 1 minute of high intensity walking with o1 minute of low intensity stuff. The high intensity walking has you swinging your arms pretty big and picking up your feet pretty far. It's not high knees, but it's not just marching in place either. The low intensity stuff involves front kicks, knee lifts and fake skating. These aren't "skaters" though. You lean forward just slightly and lift your legs up behind you while you squeeze your glutes. After watching this a couple times, I'm starting to think that she used to be a Cover Girl model. She uses "Easy Breezy" way more than any non-Cover Girl model should ever use. I wasn't in the mood to workout today, so I decided not to do any jogging during this one.

Total Body Band

I did the DVD version of the resistance band workout. She used one that had handles, but all I have is  my stretchie band from my Leslie Sansone Walk Strong Box Set. I used my weight lifting gloves which helped keep my hands from getting sore. This thing started off with lunges oh joy. This was sort of an interval workout, but not like the other ones. We spent 1 minute on each leg doing lunges while doing this arm scooping thing with the band. We stepped on the band and alternated lifting our arms up in front of us with our palms up. It was important not do bicep curls with this. Although, that's what I was doing until she pointed it out. We spent two minutes on the next move. Our arms were up over our heads and then we stretched the band out a bit as we pulled it down towards our collarbone as we did squats. Lunges and squats as the first two moves oh joy. Okay so that was four minutes down. I'm having a hard time remembering what else we did, but there was a tricep move and a bicep move. The bicep move had us standing on the band. We did a small side step while doing the bicep curl. I don't remember what we did while doing tricep kickbacks. Maybe I was so focused on the fact that my triceps were killing me before I started this workout and just blocked out what else we did with them. The workout lasted ten minutes and then I was on to the Stretch.  


Stretch and De-Stress

The stretch segment on the DVD is nice. I like the music. The stretches are your normal post workout stretches, but there a lot of them and it adds up to 10 minutes. It's all on the floor. There is the typical sit with your legs crossed and just breathe. We also alternated stretching our arms up and over our head. We stretched one leg out to the side and reached down to our toes. We also got over onto our sides and did a quad stretch by grabbing a foot and pushing our hip forward. I like this stretch, but I always feel like a dork doing it. This time I found myself thinking about what I needed to do at work. She says not to do that and I didn't do it the last time, but this time, it just sort of happened. I wasn't very happy about that, but it did. 

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here are my BodyMedia screen shots. It's all pretty much what I expected. Although, I was expecting 7 minutes of vigorous on the walk since that's what I got on my first walk, but like I said earlier, I wasn't in the mood to workout so I'm sure I didn't give it my all. I got up and moved around for 30 minutes though, so that's all that matters to me. I didn't want to move, but I did. That was a non-scale victory and another win for the blog. I can't tell you how many times I actually convinced myself to workout solely so I could blog about it or because I had blogged that I would do it. The first screen shot is the walk, the second is the Total Body Band from the DVD and the third is Stretch and De-Stress from the DVD. Tomorrow is the walk plus the cardio routine twice. I wasn't a fan of the cardio routine yesterday though! Doing it twice on the same day might suck. 



No comments:

Post a Comment