Friday, February 28, 2014

Leslie Sansone Belly Blasting Walk - Belly Blasting Floor Session 2


Today, I wasn't in the mood for a lengthy workout, so I did a one mile walk followed by the Belly Blasting Floor Session 2. I did Floor Session 1 last week and was expecting more of the same type of stuff. In that one, it was all on your back while working your abs. This one was all on your hands and knees or on your stomach. I wish I had realized that before I did the DVD. My shoulders were a bit weak from yesterday's workout, plus I had already done the One Muscle Mile while using the weighted balls. My shoulders revolted!

You start out on your hands and knees. You do some leg lifts behind you. It's all very slow movement which I really like. This is all about toning the muscle. She doesn't incorporate speed to try and burn fat while you're toning the muscle. So you do some leg lefts and some balance moves by lifting your leg and your opposite hand, so now you only have 2 points of contact with the floor. Talk about fun! 

After you go through a series of that with each leg, you also do some push ups, some mini planks, some full planks and some supermans. Before you do the full blown supermans, she has you do just the leg part and then just the arm part. I really like the progression of how she does things. I feel like it was really designed for people like me who need some direction, but also need to take it a bit slow. 

I did enjoy this floor session, but I wish I had done it on a different day since my shoulders were on fire even though it wasn't a shoulder workout. My BodyMedia screen shot doesn't show it, but I really was sweating up a storm!


I really wish that I liked the walk part of this DVD better. I don't think I would pay for the DVD just for the floor stuff, but if the walk was better, I would definitely pay for it since I do like the floor stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment