Friday, February 28, 2014

Walk Away the Pounds Muscle Mile One with weighted balls



I wasn't really in the mood to workout today, but it was Friday and I had worked out Monday through Thursday, so I had to workout today. I thought about doing a 3 mile, but I just didn't have the energy. I decided to do this 1 mile walk and a 10 minute floor routine from the Belly Blasting DVD. I've done this DVD before, but this time I used the weighted balls

It was probably a mistake to do this with the weighted balls today since my arms arms were still sore from the 3mile I did yesterday with the weighted balls. The first five minutes of this DVD is without the weighted balls. She uses the weights for about 10 minutes. Most of the time, you just hold on to them and do the normal steps, but there are some times where you lift them up over your head, stretch them out in front of you, do lateral raises or cross them in front of you like you're giving yourself a hug. That last maneuver was a bit strenuous for me! My shoulders were on fire when I was done! 

After I was done, I was glad that I had done it. I worked out five days in a row!

My BodyMedia screen shots from the first workout without the weighted balls and this one with them. The previous workout is on the left and the new one on the right. It seems really weird that I had less steps with the same workout and less calories even though I used the weights. I also had no vigorous activity today. Although, it has been over two weeks since I did that workout, so maybe I'm building up my endurance. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment