Friday, August 22, 2014

Review of Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds Walk Away Your Stress


What I did and why

Today I woke up on time! I actually woke up 4 minutes before the alarm! However, I have a huge hike planned for tomorrow so I didn't want to do the only long walk that I haven't done yet. I went with this one because with a name like Walk Away Your Stress, I figured it had to be a nice gentle walk with nice gentle music. Why do I bother thinking! I'm always wrong when it comes to Leslie Sansone! My chest still hurts. My shoulders still hurt! My abs feel like I've been doing crunches and I don't mean the 10 I did in the Walk Away the Pounds 10 minute Tone Up. My glutes and hamstrings have been tingling for at least two days now. Why would I think that any of her walks would be calm and relaxing! 

The Workout

This one was filmed in the studio that always makes me think of Christmas. There are several other ones filmed in this same studio. There's some greenery around the room and it just gives it a Christmasy feel in my opinion. It was much more uplifting than the drag scenery in the Walk Diet. The walkers were mainly familiar faces. I recognized most of them from other workouts. I know Carol and Mary Kay by name. Well, I mean that I know their names. I didn't mean that I know them and I'm on a first name basis with them.

Okay so we started out with the same basic four moves which are walking in place, side steps, front kicks and knee lifts. We stuck to the basics for the most part, but we also did double side steps, kicks backs, knee lifts going forward, walking forward and backward and I think we did kickbacks going forward, but I can't remember.

I do remember that the arm movements were torture for me. I've always said that an infant has stronger shoulders than me and today proved it! Just lifting my arms up over my head as much as we did was enough to cause me fits. I think I was able to finish all of those reps, but I was not able to finish all of the muscle man arms where we brought our elbows in to meet each other. I had to skip a rep every 8 or so. She just kept going and going and going. That was the theme of this workout. She'd get us doing something and then just chit chat away for what felt like an eternity. That's pretty much her schtick and i'm used to it, but this one just seemed a bit excessive for me. I kept thinking to myself, "How am I supposed to WALK my stress away if you keep making me kick! You're causing me stress, woman!"

It was a pretty fast paced workout with moves stacked up pretty good. I think it's hilarious that I made it through Les Mills Combat and a walking workout is kicking my arse! This is supposed to be my recovery week! Maybe I shouldn't have been doing two a day. I didn't do two today though. I tweaked my knee at some point. I told my hubby that it was hurting and he told me not to work out tonight. He also told me that I couldn't go hiking tomorrow. Since he's my ride, he really can control that! Sad, but true! I knew that if I worked out tonight, there was no way of convincing him to still do the hike so I skipped the workout. It's torture knowing that there are workouts left undone! I want to do as many as I can in my 10 day trial! I'm halfway through my trail and haven't done nearly enough! I know I won't do any tomorrow because of the hike, and I probably won't do any on Sunday since I'll be recovering from said hike. If I can walk on Sunday it will be a miracle.

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here they are! I love the arc of the workout! I don't think that spike at the end is part of the workout. I'm bummed that I didn't hit 400 calories. Would it really have been that much extra effort to burn off two more! UGH! At least it was 399 though. I've never been a fan of second place. Either let me be first or let me be third. Don't make me dwell on how I could have been just a little bit better and gotten first!


No comments:

Post a Comment