Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Graze Box 13

What is it?

I finished up my 13th Graze.com healthy snack box! I can't believe it's been 13 boxes already! I love these things. You can check out their website to see what they're all about, but the gist of it is that they mail you out individual snack sized packages. You get four per box. You can order multiple boxes which is great because I want one snack for every day of the week, but with just four per box, that leaves me a day short and being snackless makes me cranky! They bill on Mondays and you get your box the following week. The closer you are to New Jersey, the faster you'll get your box. I live alllllllllllllllllll the way across the country though so it takes until about Wednesday or Thursday of the following week to get mine. That's not an issue anymore since I got the automatic boxes all figured out. I've got one box per week with an extra box once a month. They are super awesome to work with and if you want some special shipping thing like me, you just have to email them and they'll fix it for you if they can.

Outside of the box

Here is the environmentally friendly paperboard box that it comes in. 



Inside the box

The top image changes with each box. I'm not sure how many there are total because I keep finding new ones which is fun! The snacks are in plastic containers with a plastic peel away lid. 


The Cheese Board


 This has cheese cashews, salsa sticks and herb crackers. This was a repeat for me. I got it in Box 7.  The first time, I marked it Like, but I think I liked it more this time. Maybe I just really needed something crunchy the day I ate it. The crackers are crunchy and the salsa sticks are like eating little slivers of Fritos. The cheese cashews were yummy. I love cashews! I might change this to Love. It's the perfect snack size and easy to eat at my desk. It had a good mix of ingredients. I am trying to get processed food out of my life though. Maybe that's why I marked it Like and not Love. Hmmmmm.

Fruit & Seed Flapjack

This contains a rustic rolled oat flapjack with mixed seeds and dried fruit. This was a repeat for me. I had it in Box 8 and in Box 2. I marked it Like the first time and Love the second. I still love it. It's cut into three pieces, and I do my best to make each piece last three bites. I wish these were bigger because they are so yummy, but learning to savor them is half the fun. They are just that good. I don't know what I was thinking the day that I ate the first one and only marked it Like! 


Apple Crumble

This had dried apples, raisins and cinnamon honey almonds. This was a first one for me. I'm not a fan of dried apples, but these weren't too bad. I liked the raisins and the almonds were good. It had a good mix of ingredients. It didn't really do anything for me though. I'll mark it as Like to give it one more try. I think unless I really dislike something, I'll give it a second try since my moods change and on a different day it could be better for me. 


Jelly Doughnut

This has raspberry strings, sponge pieces, raspberry cranberries and almond slices. I had this back in Box 3. I marked it Love back them due to the yumminess of the raspberry strings. However, I moved it down to Like this time. Maybe I was in a different mood the first time, but this time, the raspberry strings didn't really do anything fro me. I was left wondering why there were almond slivers in something called a Jelly Doughnut. I don't get it. Maybe they were to offset the sugar with some protein. I just don't know. I'm not a fan of almond slivers and this wasn't easy to eat at my desk. If there were more sponge pieces and no almond slivers I would like this more. Someone just explain the almond slivers to me and maybe I'll like it more! 


Nutritional Fact Sheet

Each box comes with a nutritional fact sheet. The sheet also has the expiration date for each snack. Inside the sheet, there is usually some cute little quiz or info thing. It also has information on the referral program. If you convince someone else to buy a box, you get $1 off of a box and they get their first and fifth boxes for free. 


No comments:

Post a Comment