Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Jessica Smith's Thin in 10 Day 7


What I did and why

I did Day 7 from the Intermediate plan in Jessica Smith's book Thin in 10. I started this mini challenge last week. On Tuesday I did Day 1, Wednesday was Day 2, Thursday was Day 3, Friday was Day 4. On Saturday and Sunday, I took a break from this and did some active recovery hiking! I started back up with the 7 day challenge on Monday with Day 5. On Tuesday it was Day 6 and today was the final day of my 7 day challenge. It was definitely a challenge to get through this little challenge!

Day 7

The Walk

Once again, I did Jessica Smith's 10 Minute Interval Walk on YouTube. The book has a plan for walking, but I don't like to walk outside in the dark alone. I'm afraid the coyotes will eat me. This time I jogged during all but the first walking segment. For the last walking segment, I jogged as fast I could possibly go for as long as I could go. It was probably a bad idea since it seems to have sparked another round of coughing. I have issues with chemicals and exertion. Either one can make me go into major coughing fits that last for months. It's been a few months since it's been bad, but it's coming back. I can feel it. Jogging in place until I could barely breathe was not a good plan.

Stretch and De-Stress

This was quite nice this morning. I'm contemplating doing it tomorrow after whatever workout I do. It's nice to just sit on the floor with your eyes closed and breathe deeply. The stretches were good, but I really liked just sitting there with my eyes closed while breathing deeply. Maybe I should take up meditation. The last day of the plan was super easy compared to the previous six! This was only a 20 minute total workout today and 10 of it wasn't really a workout.

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here are my BodyMedia Screen Shots. I'm excited to see such a high calories per minute. I'm kinda bummed that I didn't make it to 20 though! The closest that I got was 19.8! That wasn't even during my super fast run at the end. I thought for sure that part would be higher, but maybe because the way the minutes fill and the next part was super slow. I don't know. It did inspire me to contemplate a treadmill challenge for next week. Well, it didn't inspire it, but it reinforced my thought process on it. I really want to get on a treadmill and see what I'm capable of and see what the calorie burn on it is. I want to do stuff that'sf fun, but I'm also on a quest to find the best burn for my time!



No comments:

Post a Comment