Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Graze.com Box 27 Review

What it is and why I get it

Graze.com is a mail order snack subscription service. I love snacks and I love things being delivered to my mailbox. It's quite the exciting combination. They send me four pre-portioned snacks in a box once a week and an extra one ever four weeks and I left them take $6.00 out of my checking account for each box they send me. If I can convince you of the wonders of these awesome snacks, they give you your first and fifth boxes for free and they give me the choice of getting $1.00 off of a box or I can donate it to the farming school. I have donated it to the farming school and will continue to do so. If you sign up, stick with it until you get the free fifth box. They need a few boxes before they figure out what you love, so don't give up too soon. The snacks are pretty inexpensive when you think about it. $1.50 for a preportioned snack with healthy ingredients. Even the snacks that are in the higher calorie range are still good for you. I love the portion control aspect of it. If I went to the store and bought dried cherries, I'd eat the whole box, and I can do that with these! My biggest concern is stopping myself at just one snack! I leave my box at work, so I don't have to worry about forgetting a snack one day, but it is tempted to sneak a second one sometimes. Okay I've rattled on about the wonders of Graze.com. Check out their website and sign up. If you do, you can use my referral code JAIMIE49P. Like I said, first and fifth boxes free. Without the code, you just get the first box free. Use the code and everyone wins. 


The packaging

it comes in an environmentally friendly paperboard box. The snacks are in a rigid plastic with a tear away plastic film lid. The top image changes periodically. I may have seen them all now, but I just got a box in the mail today. I haven't opened it yet. It could have a new image. 


Healthy Popping Corn Lightly Salted

The name says it all. They also have a pepper flavor, but I marked it Trash because I don't like pepper. This stuff is soooooooooooo yummy! I'm always excited to get this. You have to be uber careful with it in the microwave though. There is a very fine line between popped and burnt. I make everyone stop talking while I pop it so I can hear how much time goes between pops. One time, I got distracted and I actually took it out too early. The stuff is too good to be wasted so I put it back in the microwave. It exploded all over the place, but I picked it all up and ate it. I was thankful that the person before me hadn't left any nasty spills in there. I've had this stuff before in Box 25, Box 22,  Box 18. The post about Box 18 has pictures of the bag all popped up. It's a generous portion size, but I have plenty of time to pop it and eat it in my 15 minute break at work. I marked it Love before I even got it to up my chances of getting it. I've kept it Love ever since. 


Rough Peanut Butter with Pretzel Sticks

This has pretzel sticks with natural peanut butter. The peanut butter is natural, so it does separate. You have to stir it, but the shape of the peanut butter side made it hard for me to stir it with one of the pretzel sticks. I don't think I got a good mix, but I just didn't have the patience to keep going. I broke one of my pretzel sticks trying to stir. So the best thing about this preportioned thing is that you can double dip! The peanut butter was yummy and so were the pretzels. A little more salt on the pretzels would have helped more with my salt crunchy needs, but I shouldn't eat salt, so it's good there wasn't more. I did like this snack, and I thought it was a good portion size, but I'm going to mark it Trash just because of the annoyance factor of stirring the peanut butter with a pretzel stick in that container. I'm also trying to stay away from processed foods, so the snacks with processed foods have to be really really good for me to keep getting them.  



This was what it looked like after I stirred it.

Bananas Foster

This has bananas, honey almond slivers and pumpkin seeds. I wasn't too gaga about trying this one. I've had bad luck with dried bananas. This may have been on my Trash list when I went through to weed out the things that I didn't even want to try, but I opened up my list of things I was willing to try since I'm trying to be less picky. Anyway, the thought of bananas wasn't doing it for me, but it was the last snack in the box, so down it went. The honey almond slivers were really good. I like the slivers better than the whole ones that come in Cinnamon Pretzel which I had in Box 25, but I'm sure those are better for me since they probably have less honey overall. I'm not a big fan of snacks with small pieces like pumpkin seeds because they are just too hard to eat at my desk. I was looking forward to the fudge pieces! The snack was a good mix of ingredients. It wasn't packed with pumpkin seeds. The fudge was good and so were the almond slivers. The bananas weren't gross and they tasted fresh. I have mixed emotions on this one. I didn't Love it, but I didn't hate it. It doesn't have an ingredient in it that I can mark it Trash over. I think I'll mark it like and get it one more time. Maybe in a different mood I'll love it. I need more bananas in my life.  


Cherries & Berries

This had cherries, lingonberries, cranberries and jumbo raisins. I don't think I could distinguish any of them from each other other than the little lignonberries that fall to the bottom. It's yummy though. I don't care which is what. I just care that it's yummy. I had it before in Box 16. I marked it Love and I'm leaving it Love. They are just super yummy little bits! It was a good snack size too. Anything bigger might have given me a sugar high.  


Nutrition Facts

You get a nice little nutrition fact sheet with each box. I wish the print was black though. Sometimes I have a hard time reading it. I'm half blind though. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment