Sunday, May 4, 2014

Graze.com 16th Box

What it is and why I get them

Graze.com is a website where you can sign up to get weekly snack boxes delivered to your house. They are $6.00 per box and include four portion controlled snacks. For those of us who have problems with portion control on our snacks, this is an awesome idea, but it's not just for people who have problems controlling their own portions. These are super easy since you just grab a pack and go. You don't have to find a zipper bag or other container to put them in when you head out of the house for a hike. There are a ton of different snacks. They have nuts, dried fruit, chocolate pieces, seeds and even popcorn. Most of the snacks have fun names like Little Figgy Went to Market. I just love this company. I want to move to New Jersey so I can work for this company! They people who work there are super awesome. They are active on Twitter and Facebook and respond to your posts. If you have a special request, they'll work with you on figuring out how to make it happen. I had issues at the beginning because it would only let me automatically sign up for a box every other week, but I wanted one every week. I would have to manually change it, but they fixed it for me. After they changed their website so you could order more than one box, I was set up on every other week for the extra box, but I really only wanted one extra box a month. They fixed that for me too. They are super awesome people with super awesome snacks!

The Packaging 

Here is the environmentally friendly packaging. It's a paperboard type of material. It's held together by two plastic strips, but I took them off before I took the picture.


Here is the inside of the box. The image inside changes periodically. I think I've seen them all at this point. You can see them on my Pinterest page if you're curious. 


Tropical Daiquiri 

This contains green mango, lime raisins and pineapple. I have eaten mango before and was not a fan, but dried mango is like candy. Oh how I love the dried mango! I actually bought some mangoes to put in my food dehydrator so I don't have to wait for my Tropical Daiquiri to show up. I marked this Love. This isn't the first time that I've had this. I had it in Box 10 and Box 4. The lime raisins are super yummy and the pineapple is pretty yummy too. The mango definitely steals the show though. Love Love Love the mango! 


Summer Berry Flapjack

This is a rustic rolled oat flapjack with berry infused cranberries. This isn't your American flapjack though. It's the British variety and let me say that I do thanks the Brits for this fine little invention. I love the flapjacks. I've had this one before oddly enough, in Box 10 and Box 4. I didn't really get the buttery flavor on this one, but it was still yummy. I'm not sure if I was in a flapjack mood when I ate this one though. I had been eating a lot of FiberOne bars this week, so I might have been oated out. I still love these and hope to one day get an entire box of just flapjacks. I left this as Love. 


Cherries & Berries

This was filled with cherries, lingonberries, cranberries and jumbo raisins. This was a little bit of happiness. I loved the combination of all of these dried fruits. It had a good mix of flavors and was the perfect snack size. I would love a giant tub of this stuff though! It's a good thing it was a portion controlled serving though. I could just sit there watching TV munching on these things! I marked it Love. This was my first time getting this snack.


Brooklyn Bites

This has poppyseed pretzels, cheese cashews and roasted pumpkin seeds. I've had this one before in Box 3 and Box 10. I like the pretzels and the cashews, but I just don't get why the pumpkin seeds are in here. They are good pumpkin seeds, but they make this snack difficult for me to eat at work. If I could understand what they had to do with Brooklyn, it might make the snack more fun. I've kept this as Like because I like the pretzels and cashews, but now that I know that I can get the pretzels in Cinnamon Pretzel which I had in Box 14 and the cheese cashews in Cheese Board which I had in Box 13 and Box 7, I have changed this to Trash. It's still a good product though, but it's just not for me. It's a god snack size and it's made with good ingredients. 


Nutritional Information

The snack boxes come with a card with all of the nutritional information. I forgot to take a picture of it though. I really wish they would share their nutritional information with BodyMedia so I don't have to type it into the app for each snack. Maybe I should email them and see if that's something they can do. They are just awesome enough that if they can do it, they probably will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment