Thursday, July 10, 2014

Review of Graze.com Box 28

What it is and why I get it

Graze.com is a mail order snack subscription service. You pay them $6.00 per box and they send you four portion controlled healthy snacks. Some of them are higher in calories than others, but it's all good healthy stuff for you! I adore these boxes. If you want to know if I like you or not, you'll be around when I open one of them up. If you make my A list, I'll offer you a piece. I only get to eat one a day and only Monday through Friday, so you gotta be extra awesome to get a piece of my graze.com snacks. I shared one with someone who came into work today. It was a flapjack too which are my absolute favorite snacks! I gave him one third of it. He knows how much I love these things too. When I offered him the piece, he asked if he should cut it in half or something. Eating my flapjack before heading to the breakroom where I had to sit and watch the boys eat Cinnabon was a good decision! I resisted the urge for Cinnabon!

The Packaging

It comes in a paperboard container. Each snack is in a rigid plastic container with a peel away lid. 


Triple Berry Smoothie

This has mini strawberries, blueberries, cranberries and bananas. I'm not a fan of dried bananas, but I can eat them in this. I love the berries in it. I had this in Box 21, Box 15, and Box 8. I marked it Like way back when. I'm leaving it as Like. I really love the berries and would mark it Love if there were no dried bananas, but there are dried bananas so it gets a Like. It's a good size and a good mix of ingredients.  


Apple & Cinnamon Flapjack

It's a rustic rolled oat flapjack with apple and cinnamon. Imagine that. I would have never guessed that based on the name. ) - Anyway.....I LOVE all of the flapjacks. They are so so yummy! It's got whole oats in it too so it has to be good for me right? It's got like 240 calories which isn't so good for me, but I only eat a few a month. Someone suggested that I learn how to make them. BAD BAD idea! If I made them, I'd eat more of them! I'd eat them every bloody day! It's been marked Love and will stay Love!


Pomodoro Rustichella

This has cheese croutons, tomato baguettes, and tomato and herb almonds. I had this in Box 24 (and the picture came out way better), Box 20, and Box 15. It's usually a snack I leave for last because it's not a sweet snack. I love my sweet snacks, but sometimes, I like my salty and crunchy too. This isn't salty really, but it helps fill he salty crunch need since I don't require nearly as much salt in my life as I once did. Everything with salt added to it now seems excessively salty. I marked this Like and I'm leaving it Like. It's a good mix of ingredients. I shouldn't keep getting it since it's got processed stuff in it, but for now, I'm keeping it. 


Chocolate Pecan Pie

This has chocolate fudge, dates and pecans. After eating this, I texted my husband to inform him that pecans look like brains. He thought I was crazy. I had this in Box 22 and Box 17. This hasn't been a huge winner for me on either of the previous boxes, but it's growing on me. I'm going to keep it as Like for now. I do like the fudge and the pecans are good. The dates in this batch weren't bad. I'm not a fan of dates, but they worked okay today.  


Nutrition Facts

There is always a card in the box with the nutritional facts. There are puzzles or trivia questions inside. The other day at work, I was on the phone and I was kinda having a melt down moment. While the guy looked up my stuff, I did a word search from my snack box. It totally helped calm me down! I told him I was doing it too, and he thought I was joking! It was a hilarious moment. 


Randomness

I live in a gated subdivision, but that doesn't stop the deer from coming in. This pretty little doe has been hanging out in my backyard lately. It's a bit surprising since we have a new dog for a neighbor, but she seems to like this one spot along the fence. I surprised her just a few minutes ago though. The poor thing was all comfy laying down and I opened up the back door to let the fresh air in. She shot straight up! She must know that I'm not going to hurt her though because she didn't bolt while I stood there watching her. This picture was from a few days ago. I didn't have my phone handy this time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment