Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Review of Graze Box 29

What it is and why I get it

Graze.com is a mail order snack subscription service. You give them a credit card and authorize a $6.00 charge and they send you a box of yummies. You get four per box. You don't get to pick the snacks, but you get to rate them Trash, Try, Like or Love. If you mark it Trash, you don't get it again. if you mark it Love, you get it more often. 

The packaging

It comes in an environmentally friendly paperboard box. There are two plastic straps around it to hold it shut. I just stretch the straps and slide them off. You don't need scissors or a knife! Woot Woot! The inside top lid image changes. I think at this point, I may have seen them all, but whenever that happens, I usually get a new one. The snacks are in rigid plastic containers with a peel away film lid. 



The Cheese Board

This is made up of cheese cashews, salsa corn sticks and herb crackers. I like this one. I should stop getting it because of the processed stuff, but I like it and it helps my salty crunchy needs. I love Fritos, and I can pretend that I'm eating some mashed up Fritos when I eat this! I got this in Box 26, Box 23, Box 19, and Box 7. I marked it Like and I'll keep it as Like. There was a nice mix of ingredients. I really like the cheese cashews. The salsa sticks felt a little stale, so if this was my first time with it, I might not have been so gaga over it, but I still liked it. They just didn't have as much crunch as normal.   


 Blueberry Swirl

This has blueberry yogurt raisins, raspberry cranberries and black currants. This was the first time I got this one. I liked it. I'm not a yogurt fan, but I didn't taste the yogurt in it. I'm really trying to get yogurt into my life because everyone seems to think it's so healthy. If I could eat a bowl of these things, I could eat more yogurt. :) I liked the cranberries and black currants as well. It was a nice mix of ingredients and everything seemed fresh. I marked it Like. It wasn't to die for, but it was pretty good. 


Chocolate Orange Flapjack

This is a rustic rolled oat flapjack (think British not American flapjack) with orange and chocolate. It got a little melted so the picture looks pretty gnarly. It was yummy though. I even shared it with one of the vendors at work. He liked it. I have it marked Love and will keep it Love. I should probably Trash it for the summer since it melts in my mailbox, but that's something I'm willing to deal with  I had this in Box 23 (and it looks just as bad), Box 17 (still melted), and Box 12 DING DING DING! We have a winner Bob! Box 12 shows a non-melted Flapjack. Box 12 was back in April. My warm weather theory might just be accurate!   


Eleanor's Apple Crumble

This is apple, raisins and cinnamon honey almonds. I'm not a fan of dried apples and I actually almost trashed this one before, but these apples were really sweet! I'm not sure if they've been reading my reviews and found better apples or if it's just something flukey, but I'm glad that I kept this as Like. The almonds were less crunchy than I remember too. I got this in Box 21 and Box 13.   


Here is the nutritional information

Each box comes with a nutritional card that also has the expiration date. They have fun little things inside too. It also has a referral code. If you sign up without a code, you get your first box free. If you sign up with a code, you get your first and fifth boxes free. I think everyone should sign up and stick with it until the get to Box 5 before making a decision on keeping it or not. You can't judge them by 4 snacks alone. you don't get any say in he first four snacks. If I had judged it on my first four snacks, I wouldn't have kept with it. I'm really picky. Two of the four were things that I wouldn't even try. I gave those to hubby to try. You can use my referral code JAIMIE49P. You get 2 free boxes and I get $1.00 towards a box or it can be donated to the farming school. So far, three people have signed up under my referral code. I've donated all three dollars to the farming school. So far, I haven't heard back from anyone who signed up though! I'm dying to know what people think!


No comments:

Post a Comment